• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 noclue OFFLINE  

noclue

• Member No: 8104
  • 57 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 08:16 PM

i have a brinly boxscraper with cultipacker, the scraper is fun to play with, but i have no use for the cultipacker so my question is will this fit on other boxscrapers? if someone wants to buy just the cultipacker i'll sell it, but i would like to keep the scraper. what's a fair price to sell it for?

Attached Thumbnails

• 101_2494.JPG
  • 101_2495.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 08:36 PM

I would love to have it and have never seen one before. But you are to far from me to get it here. How much do you want for it?

#3 wvbuzzmaster ONLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 08:41 PM

What is the purpose of a cultipacker?

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 09:01 PM

What is the purpose of a cultipacker?

There are three main uses.
1) With the scraper it would be used to further level and smooth a dirt driveway, would also help pack some.

2) Crops like oats, wheat, grasses, etc will often do better if the soil is packed a little around the seeds.

3) If you use a plow & disc, there are always clumps left over. A Cultipacker will help break up the clumps and make a better prep'd garden for planting.

Tillers do a similar job while fluffing the soil. Different takes on the same end goal. Using our Tools (toys) in any way we can. I suppose you could Plow, Disc, Till & Cultipack as a way to go over the ground one more time... Yay Seat Time!
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 09:02 PM

BTW, When you get a $ figured out, please let a MOD know & one of us will move This Thread to the Classifieds.

#6 noclue OFFLINE  

noclue

• Member No: 8104
  • 57 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 09:25 PM

the price is the problem, if you know what it is you know its worth something! if i ask too much "i'm crazy" and if i ask too little everybody wants it and i should asked for more. i'll ask again, what is it worth?

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 09:40 PM

MH81 pretty well described it's use and it is a pretty good tool. Being in Wisconsin, I'll bet there are a lot of guys planting food plots for deer feed. You should have no problem moving that at all. Any idea what it weighs? I planted about 2 acres of clover last year and while it did well it would have done better if I had had a cultipacker to press the seed down about 2 inches.

One of my jobs at Farmhand was painting cultipacker wheels. 1000 per day. taking off the stack,painting and restacking 40 lb wheels amounts to 80,000 lbs in an 8 hr shift. On a damp day I feel it in my elbows and sholders to this day.

#8 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 09:49 PM

If you get one with good weight they can be handy with very much. Breaking clumps, packing the seed( is what I call it.), pushing rocks down and leveling out some. They can be very useful. Lots of guys here have one with all the rocks we get.

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 09:52 PM

I just did a little searching. The ones I've used were 9-12 ft and two rows deep. The big one was just about all our MF 165 would pull thru the dirt.

As for worth, whew. the big ones are going for $300 and up... I know, I know... it's not a big one.

I will give my very humble opinion. It's as much a curiosity as anything else... like many of the attachments we love, don't use as much as we told our spouses we would and have trouble figuring our where to store. It is also a purely Brinly add-on. Not that most of us couldn't figure out how to drag it behind most of what we own.

None of these things make it worthless however. I've only seen one of these at a show (in a flea market & didn't know what it was) and have only seen pics of two or three on here. Let me think about it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brinly, boxscraper