16 replies to this topic

#16 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 01, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Oldbuzzard very interesting setup but the factory cold start went in the square hole. curious to see how your setup works in the cold. Are they just common glow plugs? The garden hose and injection line are quite unique.
I suggest removing the intake hose between the air cleaner and intake and inspect it for rips. I think thats what led to the demise of my engine. It had a rip on the bottom of the hose near the intake and looks like it was sucking dirt for a long while.

#17 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Bit of an update.

I brought home a trailer full of 'goodies' and decided to use my Brinly trailer to help move them. No reason to hand tote a Haban Flail-Mo for 50 yds.

Since the 20D was sitting right there, and it was about 38 deg when I was unloading, said to my self, "Self, let's see if the 20D will start.

I turned the key to On, held up the "mystery cold start toggle switch" for about 15 seconds, and hit the starter. It hit and stumbled a time of two but didn't catch, so I hit the toggle for anther 5 secs or so, and the second time it rumbled to life :D :D :D

Looks like this 20D is going to be a viable winter snow mover after all.