• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 06:21 PM

well heck if i wanted to go to that extreme i would put the thd wisconson on it and get a bigger torque increase. i have already thought about a 20hp v twin to update it and get better fuel economy and keep the 14 hp for the shows so it get less use . i also know where a 35hp vangaurd is wow talk about a puller if i didn't break the tranny , oh and sorry about not posting more about this fix . i do have the valve replaced and the engine runs now the sheet metal is repaired except for the hood and the only part i need is the drive belt . it will be working shortly and will post some pics of the unit when i get into the reassembly phase. :thumbs:

#17 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm glad to see that you save that fine tractor! Looking forward to seeing more updates. Thanks!

#18 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hey, was just looking at this old posting and wondering what 1440 looks/drives like now? How about some pictures!

#19 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:12 PM

can,t afford the drive belt for it at this time but i'm slowly fixing the sheet metal . the belt is 33.00 at my buddies cost and can't put it together right now , could go cheaper but don't want to pull it back apart to replace it again later :smilewink: