#17 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted September 18, 2012 - 09:08 PM

I have to agree with Daniel. It appears your charge can supply enough amperage and voltage to get the job done.

#18 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted September 18, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Measure voltage across the two clamps when the blower is running and make sure it still has 12 volts or more.

#19 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,455 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 05:45 AM

Nice way of using a free item to get the job done :thumbs: , guessing if you do measure the voltage like Michiganmobileman said and it's below 12volts it would be like having the blower motor running through the resister on LOW or MED speed .Hooking a used battery and the charger like mentioned before might give you a higher speed if needed , Al
:thumbs:

#20 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 06:42 AM

Nice way of using a free item to get the job done :thumbs: , guessing if you do measure the voltage like Michiganmobileman said and it's below 12volts it would be like having the blower motor running through the resister on LOW or MED speed .Hooking a used battery and the charger like mentioned before might give you a higher speed if needed , Al
:thumbs:

If the voltage at the clamps is below 12 volts, that means he is probably overloading his charger, and that will cause it to burn out eventually. The safest thing to do is to hook that fan to a battery, then use the charger to recharge the battery every time you use the fan.

#21 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,708 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 09:08 AM

I agree with Howard. Doing the Electrolysis quite a few members reported back they thought it worked better with a battery as a buffer. I think putting a battery in line smooths out the power and acts as a shock absorber. All of my computers have batter back up connected to them for this reason as well as saving work if the power goes out.

#22 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 20, 2012 - 08:19 PM

I checked the voltage when hooked up, it was 11.81 volts steady. Will this be ok to hook the charger to the fan, or should I put the fan to a battery and charge the battery?

I went and got a bucket, traced and cut some holes. The fan goes into a big hole in the lid. The side hole is where everything gets blown out of and will go outside.
Posted Image

I put a hole in the bottom of the bucket, this will go to the exhaust vent in the side of the cabinet.
Posted Image

Tomorrow I will go and get some hoses.

I need to elongate the hole on the side, because the blower spins it does not blow the air straight out of the hole. Instead, it comes out at an angle, so if I put the hole on at an angle I will get more air flow.