#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 18, 2012 - 04:48 PM

Have metal going back on. Pictures show this little flat stock with a bend in it, at rear of fenders. Looks kinda like a support? Has only one bolt at end, then other has a pad dampner or such on it. Guess it adds support to outer corner of the fender maybe?? Mine only had one metal, not with pad and turned away from fender, just hanging. Question is How important is this part. I DO get some flex out at corner, but not much. Not sure this little add-on will really do much. Anyone have those on theirs and/or off and have any issues?

Another issue is the distance between the dash casting and the grill surround casting. When grill is bolted tight, can't fit in the hood side metal links. I had to loosen the grill and tilt a little to allow the bolt holes to line up. It's not much, maybe a washeer spacer under the grill towards front will work? OR, is it just going to flex OK when I bolt the grill down again with no breakage anywhere? I've had the hood on and it fits good now at least. Don't think the dimensions will change with tightening, but worried about straining.

That heat sheild for the gas tank has bolts into the hood support straps on each side. Don't see any other attach points, But there is two 3/8" holes on mine down below with nothing to bolt it too. Plus it is tight against the tank, bolt would be bad and make hole. SO, was there really just some rubber pads in these holes? or is that PO change, just drilled holes for ???