Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted September 18, 2012 - 09:56 PM

there is a reason for all things
just like when you buy a car, truck, tractor, or etc you have the filling that something telling to buy this one and stay away from the others ones. and when you sell it you have a filling that part of you is lost.

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 01:26 AM

The feelings that tell me to run away don't last long.... uh... mabey I should be listening more?? lol

I too have issues with these machines. I have only a couple of them I can rely on, and the rest I just leave parked most of the time lol. The only one that really irritates me is the Caterpillar (the Craftsman). I fought that thing for at least 2 years and 6 months before I finally chased every last gremlin OUT!! Bad thing is I can't get rid of it's tempermental personality.
  • David Brown said thank you

#18 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 11:12 AM

When I went to look at my 682 the old guy that was selling it was walking me up to his barn and talking about how easy and reliably it starts. "pull the choke out 1/2" half throttle and it starts every time"... well we walk in and he says here you go, gives me the keys and I do as he said and it cranked and cranked. After just a minute or so the battery was dead. We hooked jumper cables to it and it fired on the first turn. I talked him down some due to it needing a new battery but every since it's fired right up for me on that same battery.

#19 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 11:42 AM

The feelings that tell me to run away don't last long.... uh... mabey I should be listening more?? lol

I too have issues with these machines. I have only a couple of them I can rely on, and the rest I just leave parked most of the time lol. The only one that really irritates me is the Caterpillar (the Craftsman). I fought that thing for at least 2 years and 6 months before I finally chased every last gremlin OUT!! Bad thing is I can't get rid of it's tempermental personality.

I would be mad if you painted me yellow too.