1 reply to this topic

#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 6,374 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 06:21 PM

GT14....Wanting to connect my throttles and chokes wires. Not sure mine was orig set-up and I forgot how they were hooked up IF even hooked when I got it. Choke cable is short, wanting to pull from top, yet my choke lever seems to want to be pulled Down to work. Might have to make longer cable? Which way is yours? Throttle has flat swivel link below the carb, with long rod up to the gov lever. But,seems pretty short throw at it's bottom. Wondering if I should use upper holes (are several) where the rod is connected into?? Anyone have this tractor and could get a shot or two of it to see what is orig? My throttle cable is new and many feet long and I can do anything with it to start. Choke may be needig lengthining, specially if I have to come from below.

Engine only has two wires coming from flywheel area, not the usual three that I know. I assume they go to the regulator, but not sure. Wait, guess the third went to battery or solenoind connection OFF the reg, not from engine. My connect tabs are two to one side and a single. Not sure which is the AC ones in that set-up. I'm used to two towards back and one in middle for the battery lead. Mine is = - sort of anyway. Are AC the two together or one of those and the single?

#2 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,240 Thanks
  • 7,472 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 08:31 PM

The Kohlers I have, the choke cable goes through the block behind the flywheel and then up to the choke lever.