Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My New Tractor - An Old Dream Came True.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Per OFFLINE  

Per
  • Member No: 11470
  • 144 Thanks
  • 121 posts

Posted September 18, 2012 - 01:24 PM

!st...welcome to GTtalk! :wave: Very nice machine! Has the Peerless 2500 series 2 speed rear end....likely an Eaton 11 hydrostatic unit. If it's roundish with finning, then it's an Eaton. If it's blocky shaped & no cooling fins, then it's a Sundstrand series 15. Again, a sharp tractor!

Ok. Thank you.
Then it must be the Eaton 11 hydrostatic unit.
IMG_0330.JPG IMG_0332.JPG
Does anyone know which filter I can use? The filter mounted is painted all black, so I can't see the number. Also which oil can I use for the transmission?
Can I use the built-in oil pump for a FEL or shall I use a separate pump?

#32 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:05 AM

welcome. thats the first briggs i seen like that. its cool and looks easy to change plugs. and ur english is better than mine. lol

#33 Per OFFLINE  

Per
  • 144 Thanks
  • 121 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:31 PM

What you have there looks to be a Gilson Twin 18 GT. The model # would be 53054. Contact http://www.toro.com/...es/default.aspx for more info. I tried using their Manual search on their website, but it wanted nothing to do with that model #. I think the best option would be to contact Customer Service directly. Congratulations on the new (to you) machine, and held og lykke!

I went to the site & scanned their lists. Closest I can find is model 53084.
Unfortunately, no version of that model has a manual online at toro

Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it very much. I will contact the customer service at www.toro.com

Per.

Ok, here is an update of the manual questions. I wrote to the Toro Customer Service and asked for an Owner's manual and a Part List manual for a Gilson model 53054 and I also added some pictures. They answered back that they could not help me without a serial number. I don't have the serial number. There is no label anywhere. I think is is gone at the restoration with the sandblasting.
I was surfing in the Yahoo groups and there I saw some pictures of a Gilson excactly like mine and I also could see the model number and the serial number. I "borrowed" the serial number from the picture and wrote Toro again.
This time they answered that they were able to find the operators manual and parts manual, but I have to order the manuals at the local distributor LeLy Turfcare DK A/S.

Operators manual # 210895
Part manual # 210899

I called the distributor and they ordered the manuals for me. They didn't even know that Toro had something to do with the Gilson tractors.

Today I got a letter from the distributor an inside there was the operators and parts manual for my tractor. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Good service from both The Toro Company and the danish distributor Lely Turfcare DK A/S.
  • MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#34 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:40 PM

Glad you got your manuals. Per. Now you have some reading to do. If you have any way to scan them in the computer and upload here, someone else may be very happy too. If you can scan them in, but can't make them a .pdf, you can send them to one of us and we'll be happy to add them to the manuals section.

#35 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:59 PM

Good news that they were able to come thru in the end.
Happy Reading!

#36 Per OFFLINE  

Per
  • 144 Thanks
  • 121 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 03:25 AM

Glad you got your manuals. Per. Now you have some reading to do. If you have any way to scan them in the computer and upload here, someone else may be very happy too. If you can scan them in, but can't make them a .pdf, you can send them to one of us and we'll be happy to add them to the manuals section.

I can do this, but I have a little concern. Yesterday I got an invoice for the manuals and postage from the danish distributor Lely Turfcare DK A/S. Each manual cost 71,25 DKK (12,17 USD) and postage was 41,88 DKK (7,16 USD) this is total 184,38 DKK (31,51 USD) for both manuals.
Will I run into some problems with copyrights or so?

Edited by Per, November 08, 2012 - 03:26 AM.