Garden Tractor Forums banner

Who Knows This Model Kit

651 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Wheel Horse Kid 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A german guy bought a model kit, you'll see at the photo. Now he wants to know, if it's a toy or a advertising gift. It looks expensive (Ertl) but and made by LEGO.
Can anybody tell me anything about this model kit? The GT must be a 4xx or a compact

Wheel Tire Vehicle Green Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a "LEGO" toy kit featuring John Deere. I would guess that there were many of those produced at the time, the tractor body styles look to be of a "newer" model.

Reactions: jd.rasentrac
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would say its just a toy do to the age rating on the top corner and the warning label on the front. A similar box , different toy on ebay
Wheel Tire Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire

But I do not claim to be an expert or know for sure

edit
typo

Attachments

#6 ·
Ok, I know it looks LEGO, but I think LEGO would have put it's name on the box. My kids have occasionally gotten "fake" LEGO stuff from friends and family who don't know any better, so I would say this is some sort of LEGO copy. Ertl is a US toy company, they may have decided to branch out a bit, or they may have commissioned this from a LEGO copycat. And since it says "John Deere" all over it, I'm further guessing that John Deere either requested it or licensed it, and that a lot of them ended up in dealer showrooms as something for the kids. So, it is advertising, but not as a special giveaway, just as another way for the John Deere dealer to slide money out of your wallet.

#7 ·
Can't tell you anything about it, but it looks pretty cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.