• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#106 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • Member No: 11834
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Yes it is indirect injected and i know it will never be a big power motor.
It cant really be either. I pull in the stock class. So no turbos and im not sopposed to be messing with this stuff either.
I will try some timing and see how it goes.

#107 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 11:30 PM

All I can say is good luck with the build and hope you get power somewhere. Theres a lot of things you can do to pump some horses out of that little 2 cylinder but I cant be helping my fellow competitors too much :smilewink:  :D  

#108 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 07:04 PM

So i took the pump out and took all 3 timing spacers out and ran the motor again. It def smokes alot harder now and seems to have some more power but it will be hard to tell until the pull this sat.
I know some guys have said to put a stiffer spring in the gov but i am having issues figuring out what spring i should put in there and where to get one.
Where do i buy a spring for it? Or do i just have to go to the hardware store and grab some random ones and try them out?

#109 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 12:10 AM

So the pull today didnt go very well. I think that i added too much timing and made it mad. I have absolutly no power what so ever compared to what i had before i messed with it.
I couldnt even get it up to full rpms today with the sled hooked up to it.
I will start with the timing and go from there.

#110 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Found my problem.
I put the injectors together wrong. The piece that pushes on the pintle got put in upside down and was letting the injectors hang open. Im assuming it was just dribbling out constantly and wouldnt build any pressure.

#111 chaentjens OFFLINE  

chaentjens
  • Member No: 10983
  • 100 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:51 PM

That'll do it!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#112 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:58 PM

This is all great stuff. Videos and all.  I got nothing like it, but it sure is enjoyable.

#113 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Got it running good today.
Took first place and spun out i need more gear!

• olcowhand said thank you

#114 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 03:04 AM

It sounded pretty strong ! Get a stack on that rig to get some scavenging going on too. Good job!

#115 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Do you guys who pull diesels think an ihi rhb31 turbo would be right for my z600?
I am looking at one for next years setup.
I really dont think i will be able to afford to buy a d722 to make max hp but with what the competition will be it should be a good starting point.
Otherwise I did find a few factory turbocharged D722-TE in arizona for $2200. Plus shipping.

#116 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,011 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Tractor looks good and pulls strong. Congratulations.  :thumbs:

#117 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 10:46 PM

ihi makes a good turbo I know several people including myself run an ihi but not the same model. Its difficult to determine if it'll work or not because I've never met anyone  building a 2 cylinder diesel. Everyone runs the 3 cylinders and up. The choice is up to you as far as what you want to put into it. Are there other diesels in your class? And you must realize that the 722 is going to weight more than what you have now its around 145lbs with oil in it so chances are your going to have to bump up to the next class because of it.

#118 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:12 AM

The only other diesel in our club is one guy who has 4 of them. He works on the for a living but i am unsure what he knows about really turning them up to the level of what you guys have. Ive talked to him about next year and he is interested in building a "smoker" if someone else will. Because if you are the only one you will get thrown into an unknown class with the gassers. There needs to be 2 tractors to make a class.
I know he is planning on using a 722 as those are the motors he has in the 2 he pulls for points.
The full on diesel class is a 1100lb class so i will have another 200lbs to work with so thats not a problem and i dont have to stay with garden tractor driveline either.

#119 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:13 AM

Here is the rules for what i would call our "smoker" class;
1100 LB. DIESEL CLASS: (Can Be Run Or Merged With Off Lawn Classes)
1. Any diesel engine less than 50 cubic inch, one turbo. More than 51 cubic inch, no turbo.
Maximum cubic inch 60, with 56-inch wheelbase. Fuel - diesel only. No propane or water injection.
2. Drive train may be automotive or garden tractor with tube frame. Exhaust must be vertical.
3. Tire size 26 x 12 x 12 cepek, pit bull or lawn tech.
4. Sheet metal must be garden tractor appearing. Must have steel or aluminum flywheel with safety shields.
5. One turbo only on 50 cubic inch/shielded 360 degrees with 0.060-inch thick steel. In exhaust after turbo
2 ¼ inch grade 5 bolts, no farther than one inch apart and 90 degrees from each other to form cross pattern.
6. Wheelie bars and functional kill switch with snuffer to kill air intake.
7. Approved helmet and functional fire extinguisher required. Fire suit and gloves recommended but optional.

#120 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Those are ok rules not the greatest because you can get cam work and injector work as well but that's where the water injection comes into play because when you start higher rpms and you start with pump timing your going to get a lot of heat out of it. Ive seen motors go up to 1500 degrees without the injection. 1800 and you start melting parts because of the excessive heat so they need to re write the rules for no internal mods unless noted. Im not sure what the cubic inch relates to horsepower wise but the highest were allowed to run is 26hp which is another series engine block. Also need to shield the front crankshaft pulley because there are only made of cast so they have the ability to explode at high rpms. Other than that the rules look ok.