• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:27 PM

I have not had as much time here as I would like lately. Between school, work, gathering firewood and the little tinkering time I get I have been busy. I do manage to find a few seconds here and there to check the site on my phone, but time to post is hard to find.

I did get within a 100 posts of passing daytimedave in posts but he is slowly getting away. Doug also passed me in posts and is closing in on Dave. Lol.

I will post when I get the time. I don't know when I will get time to be regurarly active again, maybe not until I am done gathering firewood. That takes up a lot of time.

Until I get back, I ask you guys to please TEMPORARLY take over on watching for posting milestones.
  • daytime dave, Michiganmobileman and JDGuy445 have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:41 PM

Ryan, your presence will be missed. Post when you can to let us know all is well up there.

We do expect daily updates on the welding tho. :)

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:56 PM

Ryan, make a few posts every day, that will help with the withdrawal symptoms. Hope the firewood gathering goes well, along with the school work. We'll leave the light on for you!

#4 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Ryan, I'm glad that we have heard from you. I will be glad to have you pass me in posts. I will feel the rush go past me like a subway I'm sure.

I hope you get what you need done. Gather your firewood, it will be a cold winter. Take care of what you have to.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Been wondering where you were! You must make time to post some now ya hear!

#6 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 12:03 AM

A teenage boy choppin wood. There's a joke in there somewhere, but I just can't think of it right now. It's late I guess. :rolleyes:
I think every once in a while we all have a little taking care of business to be away for a while. Then there's just more good reading when you get back.

#7 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 06:49 AM

Ryan check in when you can, your surrogate family members on here will patiently await your visits.

I also find it hard to get on this site as often as I would like, but a little time spent on here now and then when I get time to do so is always a "Tonic for what ails me". Someone is sure to cover your "Keeper of the Posts Post" until you can get back.

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 07:22 AM

I'll see if I can keep track of things for you Ryan!

#9 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 07:41 AM

Sorry to hear that you're all tied up right now Ryan! It happens from time to time here too! We'll be patiently awaiting your return. Don't stay away too long! I hope that you get caught up with all of your "to-do" items and come back to visit soon.

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 02:57 PM

Post when you get chances Ryan, with smartphone its easy.

#11 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 03:53 PM

I am going to do something different... take the rest of the day off! Not something I normally like to do.

I started the day with cutting up a tree I cut down a few days ago and then hauled it to the back yard to be split. Then, I pulled down a few little ones and cut then up and brought those up as well. Neighbor Herby had two trees he wanted me to cut down for him, I took one down today. It came down easy. I cut it up, brought the wood home and took the brush into the woods out of sight. I did not have it in me to take down the other tree today, as I always work alone and today was no different. So, I am tired! I don't have school tomorrow so I will take down the other tree he has and split as much of the wood as I can.

I only cut down trees for firewood if they are dead. Herby's trees are still live, so I can't burn them until next year anyway. Not only are they live, but they are elm trees... splitting these suckers will be tough!

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think that is a smart move, Ryan! You know your limits and using a chain saw when tired can be hazardous. Elm can be darned hard to burn, too!
  • Michiganmobileman said thank you

#13 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 02:24 PM

I could not take down the tree for Herby on Monday, he left his car right where I wanted to drop it. He said he forgot to move it. Lol! I got it down the other day. The first tree he had took me about 3 hours start to finish, this one took me almost 6 hours!

I took a picture of some of the mess I have going in the back yard. I have another pile of s,plit wood about the same size to be stacked. The pieces off to the side had ants in them. They have been sprayed a few times so I think it is safe for me to split them now.
Posted Image

One of the tires on my trailer is done. It goes flat, is dry rotted, and is bald. The last few days it had a load of wood in it so the air leaked out to the rim. I put air in it and I heard the tire cracking. I have seen what over inflated tires can do and I don't want to use the trailer until I get the tire situation worked out. It would probably be fine, but I don't want to be driving through the woods with a load of heavy wood on and hit a pointy rock. Until I get the trailer back into service I won't be doing a lot of firewood work. I will start a thread when I start to get to work on the trailer.

#14 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 06:15 PM

Ryan it does sound like you have been very busy. It's a shame other teens aren't as industrious as you are. Hope you get your tire problem resolved soon.