33 replies to this topic

#31 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 04:38 PM

I'm not very familiar with garden tractor pulls, but I've been to a few full-sized pulls. I recall seeing a guy with what had started life as an old Massey, but he had six hemis in it. Very entertaining. I'm wondering if the modified class in garden tractors gets that carried away.

#32 player92my3 OFFLINE  

player92my3

• Member No: 5087
  • 1 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 12:50 PM

i have a 1972 ford 140 riding mower, its pretty strong puller now but i wanted to know how i coould hook up a foot pedel too it, due to the fact it sounds like a cool idea. thanks

#33 Rick Brumback OFFLINE  

Rick Brumback

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4355
  • 19 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted August 01, 2011 - 07:01 PM

If you will go NQS PULLING RULES,you will get a good idea what you can and cant do.most clubs adopt these or variations of these rules.

#34 bigredward9 OFFLINE  

bigredward9
  • Member No: 11709
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hello guys Just thought Id put in My Two Cents First a belt drive will pull just as good as a shaft drive if its set up right. Ive seen belt drives take the cake more than once over a bunch of cubs you just have to get it weighted right keep the belts from slipping and keep traction. The cub guys will dicourage you from belt drives because they cant stand to get beat by one. Anyone can go out and build a cub it take some engineering to build a belt drive. They make everything under the sun for cubs but belt drives however they do not though there is some tricks and some tips out there for belt drives you just have to do some digging. Here at my local pulls the beltdrives are always competitive and normally atleast 2 are in the top five and atleats 1 in the top Three. again setup is key the tractor must be well ballanced weight wise aswell as good tight belts or belt. And remeber Leverage is a ood thing. The most important thing about it isnt winning or loosing anyway its HAVING FUN. Believe Me Theres Plenty Of Fun To Go Around. Thanks

I agree. My Ward has a belt drive and can pull my old 1977 f250 around without much trouble when it's in low gear. I heard that a bar of soap on the belt makes it grab better, but idk, sounds kinda odd.