• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigredward9 OFFLINE  

bigredward9
  • Member No: 11709
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 06:27 PM

You know how you sometimes get a free tractor with a blown rear? well, I replaced the rear in a small powerpro with one from a 1986 white lawnmower. It's the darndest thing too, since it goes really fast. litterally enough power to lift the front wheels off the ground. But as always, there is a freaking catch. The motor has a terrible oil problem. Oils comes out the exhaust and intake. it smokes white & blue and now it runs for like 3 minutes. I plan to upgrade to an opposed 16 for weight and whatnot, but then again, i used that old rear on a 22hp vtwin i had for a month, and that lifted the front, cast iron axle and all. i figured a 12 hp would be decent, but no, it's fast.i plan to make a racer out of it due to the speed it has, it also has no brakes or speed control hooked up. i'll get some pictures soon.

#2 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted September 14, 2012 - 05:17 AM

Lots of speed and no brakes! Sound like fun to me. Would like to see pics. I have been wanting to do this for a while. I picked up a Lawn General, kind of rough but has a real good 17 horse Techumseh. Just need to find the right pulley.

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,655 Thanks
  • 7,679 posts

Posted September 14, 2012 - 06:18 AM

Maybe your local police dept. could use a pursuit tractor.
  • KennyP said thank you