49 replies to this topic

#46 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 05:21 AM

I would go with the hose, that generator is going to vibrate, and the flex pipe will break.

That's a good point... Though the connection will be through the wall and inside to the black iron... I'm hesitant to put the hose inside the house as it wouldn't be as fire resistant... right?

Both may be an option. Piece of the CSST, then the hose externally. Would be able to buy a much shorter hose then. I've also got the break-away valve to figure into this, as well, if I want to.

#47 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 08:05 PM

Put it all back together this evening. Looks a little better than the patchwork of stuff that it is. Got to put a panel on it for a 20 amp outlet and charge/start circuit connectors. Since I have one of the twist lock connectors for it, I'm probably just going to let it dangle below the junction box and then plug the house into that when I get it all done. October is get the house ready for it month... I don't think it will take all month. I just hate paying that much for heavy copper wire. But there's no other way around it...

#48 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 08:47 PM

Webber grills have a quick connector and long hose available for their NG grills, might look to see if it's something that would work for you.

#49 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 02:58 AM

That's a good point... Though the connection will be through the wall and inside to the black iron... I'm hesitant to put the hose inside the house as it wouldn't be as fire resistant... right?

Both may be an option. Piece of the CSST, then the hose externally. Would be able to buy a much shorter hose then. I've also got the break-away valve to figure into this, as well, if I want to.

If the hose is rated for gas it will be fine. Just make sure it has room to move. The hose on mine has a small bend in it, don't use it with any tight bends, it will not be good on the hose.
  • cookiemonster said thank you

#50 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:04 AM

If the hose is rated for gas it will be fine. Just make sure it has room to move. The hose on mine has a small bend in it, don't use it with any tight bends, it will not be good on the hose.

I emailed the guys selling hose to see what he suggests. My concern is that the hose I'm looking at is nitrile - which I think means that it could melt through real easy. What I think you guys are talking about is CSST hose, right? That's what I'm thinking that I need. I got the gen done and I'm ready to start on fitting up the house. For right now, I have a way to rig it up to the house if needed - but that would involve taking apart the breaker box and I'm not to keen on that