#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 09:00 PM

These Darn WheelHorse tractors have many shafts thru them and many have these tiny little bushings that are always worn thru or break with little touch. Today was shopping around in store and found bigger brass ones, Grommets in parts that were real close, and plastic snap in ones. Problem is the holes in body aren't much bigger than than the shafts. Real thin bushings. ARe these still availabe at a Toro dealer or am I just S.O.L. and have to do some drilling? I did find some neat brassy ones, but in metric. ID small but wondering if I can drill them out? The OD is real close, but not sure I can hold the part to be able to drill it. I can get actual part numbe from manual. #7879 Bushing. 5 required this tractor. I need three at least.

Another issue is the park brake link arms. Forgot orig set-up. manual not too clear, but found parts for sale on epay and got couple good shots. Seems the pulley has a bushing/spacer with it, BUT, doesn't seem to go into the large hole like it looks it should in the upper lever. Appears the bolt will tighten into threads on bottom lever and bushing will still allow it to move then. Can't get mine to fit in. That dimension THAT close that I'm gonna have to play with it awhile?? That belt cover was off when I got tractor and brake pulled real hard after I oiled it up, maybe not right bushing was there and I didn't know when dis-assembling?? Driving me nuts!

#2 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 04:59 AM

http://www.partstree.com/parts/
show the 7879 flanged bushing as still available for $12.33.

Garry

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 11:03 AM

Wow! They really like that part don't they? What ya gonna do though when hard to find and impossible to make, durn!