Progress is a little slow these days on account of a herniated disk. Time and Physical Therapy is doing to trick and I've rounded the corner and can see light at the end of the recovery tunnel. I've been cleared to resume moderate work in the garage so I've been hard at work getting the front panels and doors fabricated. My plan is to construct them out of wood this year and see how they work. If my designs go as planned then next year I'll be onto metal fabrication and glass windows in the doors.
Since the pic above I've added the lower panels so the cab is now enclosed on that side.
To construct my doors I went out and purchased a biscuit joiner....great invention and super easy to use. Now to see out the pieces hold together
My plan (emphasis on PLAN) is to use the shrink tight plastic you put on drafty windows during the winter months. I use it on one of our windows in the house and the stuff is surprisingly tough. I'll keep you posted on just how well it works....if at all. Here's the stuff I'll be using.
I'm still working out a system to address heat overload in the event I end up capturing too much heat in the enclosed cab. So far the best option is a Speedo and flip-flops but getting to the cab might be a little dicey. Your ideas are welcomed.