#1 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 02:29 PM

I have a 1965 Moline 108 that is missing the side shields. From what I can see, they were only used one year and I have not been able to locate any yet. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has one of these tractors and needs the shields. If there is enough people that need them, maybe we could try to get someone to reproduce them?

Here's a couple photos of tractors that have the shields intact. The T-1000 shows the shield that acts as a filler between the engine and the dash tower. The Moline's shield on the PTO side acts as a side cover and a belt guard for the mower I believe.

ford.jpg MM108.jpg

Edited by Rajkowski, September 06, 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#2 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 08:25 PM

I don't think it would be that hard to make them shields. If you'd take them to a metal shop they'd be able to make them.I helped a guy restore a MM 110 a couple of years ago. He had a couple of MM and Jacobson tractors and if I remember right there was't anything special about how they were bent/formed, that is if they're the same sheilds as a 110.

#3 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Yes, I'm sure they are the same. I don't have any original to go off of though. I would need to find a good set first.

#4 Tractor_Man OFFLINE  

Tractor_Man
  • Member No: 10649
  • 1 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted September 12, 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'm in the same boat with you (Rajkowski)

#5 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:28 PM

I dug this up because I want to make either a shield like the above tractors, or a belt guard.  Does anyone have a closer or better photo of the left side shield on one of these tractors?  I need something to keep my little boys' hands out of the belt if ever they are near the running tractor.  I figure I can make something out of sheet metal.  I am only worried about the drive belt, since my tractor no longer has a PTO or generator.

Thanks

Edited by bja105, December 28, 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:24 AM

I dug this up because I want to make either a shield like the above tractors, or a belt guard.  Does anyone have a closer or better photo of the left side shield on one of these tractors?  I need something to keep my little boys' hands out of the belt if ever they are near the running tractor.  I figure I can make something out of sheet metal.  I am only worried about the drive belt, since my tractor no longer has a PTO or generator.

Thanks

If we knew which Jacobsen this crossed over to, we might find something in the manuals section that shows these guards.

#7 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:46 PM

I was able to locate all the shields for my Moline. I can take some pictures and get any dimensions you want. I will try to get the pics this weekend.

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 07:00 PM

With pics and dimensions, we can make drawings for those that feel the need to make their own!