• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 07, 2012 - 05:38 PM

"Every once in a while, for some reason I don't know, something crosses the line into our little world and scares the crap out of some of us."

Yeh,like the IRS. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

#32 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,684 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yeh,like the IRS. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

A wise man doesn't speak the name of Evil.

Edited by LilysDad, September 07, 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#33 NJKen ONLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 10:05 PM

Rich, are reading that Boydism book again ?

I've seen bigfoots but no ghosts.

Attached Thumbnails

• image-3577688153.jpg

#34 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 10:49 PM

I've seen bigfoots but no ghosts.

I've seen him too,dang near ran him over one night out runnin the backroads!

#35 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,684 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 07:08 AM

How did he get from Jersey to Illi-noise that fast? I think your pulling our collective leg.

#36 pigsitter ONLINE  

pigsitter

• 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 03:07 PM

How did he get from Jersey to Illi-noise that fast? I think your pulling our collective leg.

Goin on 30 years ago a friend and I were out cruising some local back roads one night,seeing a bridge out road closed sign we couldn't resist checking it out.We came around a blind corner and came close to hitting a very large animal that was walking on all fours we promptly looked at each other and at the same time said what the heck was that! We spun the car back around only to find the creature,as we've since referred to it,running away at speed on 2 legs! I recently made contact with a man I've known for years that gave me a picture of some very interesting footprints taken in the same general area as our sighting.

#37 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,684 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 03:34 PM

There have been so many sightings, in so many places, that there must be something to it. What, no one knows. Can you imagine someone in a bear suit, down on all fours in the dark in the southern Illinois woods waiting for somebody to come along and see them? Now, that is a streatsh!
My best guess is it's an ape that isn't as extinct as everyone thought. Nothing supernatural, just a really rare ape.

#38 pigsitter ONLINE  

pigsitter

• 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 06:18 PM

Lilysdad,I have to agree with you on that one,I've watched numerous programs on bigfoot and the best explanation for what we saw has been described as a skunk ape.

Edited by pigsitter, September 08, 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#39 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 09:32 PM

"Can you imagine someone in a bear suit, down on all fours in the dark in the southern Illinois woods waiting for somebody to come along and see them?"

Better in the dark in the woods than... http://search.yahoo....-121533221.html

One thing you gotta say about Bigfoot, he's sharp enough to be seen in nearly all the 50 states, jump up and down and scratch on windows in Canada, S. America, Europe, Asia AND New Jersey and he's still running around free. No other mammal can make that statement, not one!!:D

Now, if he had a rack for a "Boone and Crockett Score" he'd have long been mounted in dens all across the world by now. So something not quite right with that many of them running around day and night and nobody's plugged one yet... Mysterious powers? Projectable mind control abilities? Bullets just go harmlessly through like an apparition? Holographic image? Enquiring (or Inquiring) minds want to know.

#40 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,684 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 06:55 AM

You know, we've had a lot of major forest fires the last few years. Is anyone standing at the other end to see what is running out of the woods? Those Bigfoot groups ought to get their clipboards and stand out there. :thumbs: Good idea?

#41 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 08:21 AM

You know, we've had a lot of major forest fires the last few years. Is anyone standing at the other end to see what is running out of the woods? Those Bigfoot groups ought to get their clipboards and stand out there. :thumbs: Good idea?

Need to have their cameras close too!

#42 HydroHarold ONLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hey, maybe the Bigfoots' are learning to make fire. And all along I thought most of those fires were lit by terrorists.

#43 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted September 12, 2012 - 08:18 AM

Interesting thread , thanks for starting it LD.

House I grew up in was on the Menomonee Indian Trail, and sure was alight with activity from time to time, especially in fall. The old guy that died there had not left either, and tales from the current day tenants lead me to believe he is still there.

Mrs M and I lived in a barnhouse out east that had another inhabitant, that was not physically there. He was not right, and kinda mean.

In our last house , my old bird dog would sit and point up to an upper corner of the living room ceiling and growl / bristle away for hours. When she did , I dared not go up into the third floor, even though my home office was up there. On the nights I had to get some billing done, and the dog was on edge, I got my stuff done in a hurry and got the heck out. My hair would stand on end and the cold was unbearable as I scooted down the stairs to the main level of our flat.

Our current home is also on the same Indian Trail as the one I grew up on, and has plenty of energy around it. We have found shards of pottery and bits of lives from the past here . We catch glimpses of them traveling through during what would normally be times of migration. The previous inhabitant of the home still lays claim to the shed roofed addition to the garage, so I put my shop compressor in there and now I don't have to go in there much. He is around / in the house from time to time, turning lights on and off once in a while and turning the radio station to oldies. When we bought the shack, I had found a few of his things in the attic and put them on a shelf in the garage for him.

My wife has smudged the house, and we enjoy the company that remains. ( well for the most part)

I cannot explain it LD, nor do I need to for myself in any way as I actually embrace it. For us to believe that we are of mind, body and spirit, and then to accept that there are those that their spirit has not found it's way, or perhaps chosen not to go , is just the way of the heavens.
  • LilysDad said thank you

#44 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted September 12, 2012 - 10:28 AM

Nah! Not crazy at all.

Think about it. The only way we experience the world is with our senses. We have 5 senses that feed us information about the world, and they're not that great either. Our sight and hearing only perceive a limited range of light and sound. Smell isn't so good either. Now suppose there are things that exist that we don't have sensors for. Then we simply have no way to perceive them. It doesn't mean they're not there. And scientists won't admit to anything they can't perceive and replicate.
Every once in a while, for some reason I don't know, something crosses the line into our little world and scares the crap out of some of us.

That is a great explanation!

In our last house we had several instances where something would turn up missing and then days later it would show back up in a place that could have not possibly been over looked before. We dubbed our ghost Casper since nothing scary mean happened...
  • LilysDad said thank you