43 replies to this topic

#16 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted September 05, 2012 - 09:43 PM

>snort< Well, we're a level headed, feet on the ground bunch, aren't we??!!! :smilewink:

Almost but not quite level,I've never seen one but have had a few "encounters" with a few somethings.

#17 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted September 05, 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yup, Both seen and felt. Grew up in north western WVa in a small town, that had a Civil War statute of "Jessy" and his house was up on the hill in town. We (me and two friends Ted and Mike) ... Ted was a Tall lanky guy, and I was still short and stalky. We climbed the hill out of bordum and found the house, snake infested and rotting, and an old toumb stone under a large tree close by. We (honistly) looked through the house for anything that could be shalvagable (copper ect) and found nothing. as we were leaving, walking back through the woods down the hill, we heard something. looking back there was something by the tree with the grave stone, dim, not bright, but real noticable. Us three kids tore through the woods down the hill (I guess at least 1/2 mile) and I beat the lankey Ted guy to the bottom. I was around 15 when this happened, and at 54 today I still remember it vividely. I just can't describe the intence feeling at the time.

#18 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted September 05, 2012 - 10:22 PM

I saw the local Halloween Store is open again. Which brings to mind; have any of you ever seen a ghost (apparition) or experienced a haunted place??? Any unexplainable stuff?

I hear voices, ............................................. :bigrofl:
  • Team_Green said thank you

#19 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 05, 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm sure you do.

#20 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 01:02 AM

I think the strangest thing I've ever "sensed" was when I would be somewhere or was doing something, then got the feeling I had been there or done that before, that I KNOW I NEVER HAD! Weirds me out when that happens.

I've had that same feeling, Daniel. Really gets to you!

#21 Amigatec ONLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 03:39 AM

When I was in West Berlin, the kaserne where I lived had a building that had been a Hosptial during the War. I was on duty as battalion staff duty runner. Well the battalion Staff Duty Officer got a call from the Army Band that lived in the old Hosptial building. It seems from time to time an old German in a night shirt would be seen walking down the hallway. It told it wasn't the first they gotten a call from them, he had to go over there calm the CQ down.

#22 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 04:25 AM

I've had that same feeling, Daniel. Really gets to you!

Yes,I too have had that feeling,many times.

#23 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,597 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 06:47 AM

My family lived in a house once that was ~strange~. Besides the usual unexplainable noises, one night I was home alone, the house was quiet, and I heard someone coming home. They came in the back door walked up to the kitchen door, turned and went down in the basement. I heard every foot step. They never came back up, so I went to see who it was. There was no one there. My brother who is the conservative member of the family with his head screwed on right, had the same experience.

On another occasion, the front inside door off the enclosed front porch flew wide open by itself.
  • KennyP said thank you

#24 David Brown ONLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 07:04 AM

When I was a kid, my favorite cousin passed away of natural causes on Christmas morning. He was only 27. This really hurt since I always looked forward to seeing him at picnics and such. At the time, I was a big model builder. I had them all over my room. I even had a few tractor models and one in particular that was my favorite. So I was talking with my cousin one night, trying to tell him everything that I should have told him when he was alive. I wasn't sure if he heard me or not so I asked a favor of him. I asked him to make my favorite model (the tractor) roll off my shelf, hit the floor but not get damaged if he could hear me. Now you have to understand that the shelf sat in such a way that things could only roll to the wall, not off the edge. Well, within the hour I heard a "thunk". When I turned on the light, my favorite model was gone. I got up and found it on the floor, unharmed by the fall.

Now I can't really say I believe in all of this stuff but weird things do happen and THAT was weird. Could have been coincidence but that would be some kind of coincidence. I guess I'll find out someday when I see him again. I can wait.
  • LilysDad said thank you

#25 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:00 AM

You.. really.. imagine that.. :laughingteeth: :bounce:

All us married guys hear em John.. some of us choose to ignore em though.. :bounce:

#26 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:01 AM

>snort< Well, we're a level headed, feet on the ground bunch, aren't we??!!! :smilewink:

High expectations there LilysDad.... :p

#27 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 03:50 PM

My family lived in a house once that was ~strange~. Besides the usual unexplainable noises, one night I was home alone, the house was quiet, and I heard someone coming home. They came in the back door walked up to the kitchen door, turned and went down in the basement. I heard every foot step. They never came back up, so I went to see who it was. There was no one there. My brother who is the conservative member of the family with his head screwed on right, had the same experience.

On another occasion, the front inside door off the enclosed front porch flew wide open by itself.

Don't tell this story very often, as I don't want to be labled X-Y-Z ect. but: when working on a rental remodel several years ago, I too heard someone enter the house (I was working in an upstairs bedroom), walk up the stairs and stand at the top of the landing. The staris would creek with every step as would the landing when you reached the top. I had my back to the doorway and said out loud; "what took you so long, I'm hungry". There was no reply. I turned around and there was nobody there. I went to look, thinking I was being messed with and still nobody in sight. As I'm standing at the top of the stairs, I see a friend of mine (he stopped by to help out) pull up in his truck. This house is in the country and on a private drive...

Laundry soap had a way of "falling off the shelf" even though I put a one inch raised lip at the front of the shelf in the laundry room and it is completely level, and clean folded laundry, has a way of "jumping" off the bed in the room I was working in and being strewn about the floor.

There ya go. Just proved that I'm crazy... :(

I didn't believe in any such thing, prior to my having been there and to this day, I know what I heard. :confuse:
  • LilysDad said thank you

#28 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,472 Thanks
  • 5,006 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 04:10 PM

Your not crazy. When the wife and I first got married we had a dog that was aggressive by nature. German Shepard, Norwegian Elk Hound cross. The house we moved into always felt cold but having not lived in the Dakotas before I didn't think about it. Then the noises upstairs started. Sounded just like furniture moving and chairs tipping over. That dog was afraid of nothing but he would not go up those stairs when it sounded like that. He would stand at the bottom of the stairs and growl with his fur standing up but I could not get him to go up there with me. The funny part is that the upstairs was empty. Nothing up there. We found out later that a lady had died up there when she fell over something and hit her head. Short time after the noises would quit the dog would be fine again. Maybe happened a half dozen times in the two years we lived there.
What ever it was it never bothered anything else in the house.
  • dave8338 and LilysDad have said thanks

#29 dave8338 ONLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 04:23 PM

Your not crazy. When the wife and I first got married we had a dog that was aggressive by nature. German Shepard, Norwegian Elk Hound cross. The house we moved into always felt cold but having not lived in the Dakotas before I didn't think about it. Then the noises upstairs started. Sounded just like furniture moving and chairs tipping over. That dog was afraid of nothing but he would not go up those stairs when it sounded like that. He would stand at the bottom of the stairs and growl with his fur standing up but I could not get him to go up there with me. The funny part is that the upstairs was empty. Nothing up there. We found out later that a lady had died up there when she fell over something and hit her head. Short time after the noises would quit the dog would be fine again. Maybe happened a half dozen times in the two years we lived there.
What ever it was it never bothered anything else in the house.

Funny thing with dogs, they just know...
  • Cvans said thank you

#30 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,597 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 04:53 PM

Nah! Not crazy at all.

Think about it. The only way we experience the world is with our senses. We have 5 senses that feed us information about the world, and they're not that great either. Our sight and hearing only perceive a limited range of light and sound. Smell isn't so good either. Now suppose there are things that exist that we don't have sensors for. Then we simply have no way to perceive them. It doesn't mean they're not there. And scientists won't admit to anything they can't perceive and replicate.
Every once in a while, for some reason I don't know, something crosses the line into our little world and scares the crap out of some of us.
  • Cvans said thank you