• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 09:20 AM

Glad you are able to find the culprit to the carnage. I'm wondering if you couldn't open those egged out holes and use a bushing to bring them back down. Might need a little longer bolt, but leave enough bushing sticking out so you can weld them to the frame. Just a thought, not sure how much room you have to do that.
  • marlboro180 said thank you

#17 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 09:39 AM

The bushing idea is a good one, though it is pretty tight quarters to weld and drill in there. That said , I may be dropping the whole rear end out anyways, so we'll see what happens this week when the parts arrive.
  • KennyP said thank you

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 10:01 AM

I figured it might be tight. Just a thought. Getting it lined up properly would be tough. Is it just one side that is egged? Or both?

#19 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 10:05 AM

Just the left side, but all 4 bolt holes, so a total of 8 egged out bits..

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 10:34 AM

If you get a chance, post a pic of the area. I think it will be similar to my 165, but haven't seen a 195 in the flesh. Plus, others may be able to give ideas of how to fix it.

#21 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,417 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted September 11, 2012 - 06:31 PM

Those 195s are nothing like our 165s other than the hydro being an Eaton 11 and a Peerless transaxle. The axles and tubes and points of attachment are quite different.Them things are beasts!! They have brake drums at the wheels instead of the little one on the transaxle with some heavier and longer axles and tubes and some even had diff locks . ;) :)

#22 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted September 11, 2012 - 10:46 PM

Yep, beastie it is. I hope the parts come in well before the end of the week, leaving town once again. Vegas Baby ! but for business, darn it,,, LOL

#23 pops117 OFFLINE  

pops117
  • Member No: 12665
  • 2 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 04:15 PM

Yep, Pops broke the LGT195 53500 Jacobsen going up a small hill cutting grass when all hell broke loose, WWII...now it
sits sadly in the garage awaiting the owner to begin the repairs....most of the re-placement parts are here.
step 1: remove the grease and dirt, 2: take out the damage shaft, speed control rod, and more, 3: repair or
re-build busted/bent stuff, 4: put it back together. History:

The machine was purchased by my cousin, who had worked for Jacobsen in Racine. as he told me, "Ford approached Jacobsen to build a prototype, ie: the 195. Jacobsen built 12 prototypes, this being one of them."
My cousin Tom bought one in 1977 from the company for $2400...as Ford was no longer interested in going further
with Jacobsen...Jacobsen built the LGT 195 as the Jacobsen 53500 (Orange). and Ford built the LGT 195 (Blue/white). I don't know why ford was not further interested in Jacobsen...cost? Jacobsen was and is known
as a very high quality manufacturer of world class.

The loader was part of a kit one could buy, weld it up and put it on the machine...It works great! It allows Pops
to do a lot of work on the East 40...branches, logs, stone, wood chips, 300 lb marble slab, 2 150 lb slate step
slabs, setting the pier in the river along with a twelve foot wood bridge with a sling, oh cutting grass with a 60"
mower deck....Also has a 3 point on back-end with trailer hitch and scraper blade.

The machine as Case 200 lb weights bolted to each rear wheel, with tire chains.

If anyone knows more history, would be interested to hear...parts machine to sell?

Photos to follow as we make progress...
  • MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#24 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 05:30 PM

Welcome to the forum, pops117! Pics and any more history would be great to read as there is little out there to find on these great tractors.

#25 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:44 PM

The loader was part of a kit one could buy, weld it up and put it on the machine...It works great!

Welcome Pops :welcome:
Do you happen to know the manufacturer of the kit? I would love to get a copy of the instructions and the parts list.
Hope the repairs go well, Be sure to post plenty of pictures.

#26 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hey Pops117, welcome to the forum. Shoot, now I have to watch what I say LOL....Posted Image

Frank the machinist has the template for the pump input flange , he hopes to have that done for us next week Weds or so. When I get that part, I'll need the rest of the coupler assembly off the machine in order to chop the bad one off, and weld on the new flange. Then maybe spin it a little on a lathe to true it up depending on how the welding goes .Posted Image

My search for the rubber coouplers has all been a goose chase, looks like I get to make those from scratch. The used ones Pops117 got will be of little use, as they were cracked, dried out and de-laminating . No way we are putting those in ..... hopefully Pops gets a credit from that seller. I'll be going visiting to an old associate who may have the right materals to work with. Posted Image

As with many things , this is taking a touch more time than I thought, but not to worry, we'll have her back up and running before the snow flies.

Edited by marlboro180, October 06, 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#27 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Loader Kit ???? hhhhmmmmm ,,, Sure like to see an get one if able to,,, lol,,, Welcome here Pops117

#28 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 02:13 PM

Russ,

After a nice visit with Pops this morning, he showed me the spiral bound plans for the loader. It is from these guys:

Posted Image

http://www.cadplans.com/index.htm

Hope that helps. :thumbs:
  • KennyP and Russ have said thanks

#29 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 11:35 PM

Thanks marlboro ,, Been in an out of town a lot latly but back home now,, I going to check it out,,

#30 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 01:16 AM

Thanks marlboro ,, Been in an out of town a lot latly but back home now,, I going to check it out,,

Yep, me too. Settled in for spell, and gonna help Pops get the 195 back running for when he gets back for winter now. Funny how life goes. Many, many distractions, but I have the input flange made.... at least there is progress, albeit slow.

Thankfully he has a nice Mule 550 with a plow on it for early storms :-)

Edited by marlboro180, October 24, 2012 - 01:18 AM.