Picked Up A Few Gt's Today

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Salatino OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 08:04 PM

I decided to check out craigslist real quick b4 I was headin out in the garage and saw a cub cadet 123 ,no motor,good hydro & body "first &75 takes it " I called about it,he answered and said he just put it on not even 20 min ago. I told him hold it I'm on my way. We talked for a few,had a few other parts but price wasnt right. I told him I'd head that way in a hour.Got loaded up ,stopped got gas and called.No answer,tried a few more times I as I was driving towards his house and nothing. So I though it wasnt meant to be,I rememered theres a guy in that same area that sells cub loyboy parts and decided to stop since I was out.Never been there,hes got everything you could need to build several.Every part it was cool.I bought a grote tail light off a cub154 and a set of headlight retainers.I've been wanting to maybe build a headlight panel for my 100.Got a good price on it,and if they dont work I can bring them back which is awsome.I got in the truck and saw that guy called me back,said he went in the house and his phone did'nt work very good. To make a long story short,he said if I didnt want it,its fine it was his fault.I asked since I spent some mone and was on my way home if he woud take a lil less and he said no,he couldnt.Then he tells me he would give me the 123,122 frame /rollin chassis ,and the mower deck for a $100 even.I went for it. The deck ended up bein the cast iron deck,eveything turns on it,the122 frame he planned on building a puller.Already got the front axle moved forward and thats as far as he got.He did a good job movin the axle,to make a even longer story short I ended up knowing the guy! It was a old friends younger brother,I've been trying to get ahold of this guy ever since I bought my first cub cadet. Him and his dads has always messed with them,built many pullers. They have a few big ih pullin tractors,built up,with 3-4 motors on each one. Heas also works at a machine shop wich is nice to know. I almost didnt go since I was halfway home,so glad I did. I'll get some pics in a lil bit,just got everything unloaded and in the garage.Had to relax a for a few

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,668 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 08:17 PM

Sounds like a great day. Nice you got to do GT stuff and reconnect with old acquaintances too.

#3 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 08:20 PM

I find meeting the people is half the fun. Glad it worked out for you!

#4 Salatino OFFLINE  

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yeah now my only problem is ,I recently got the garage all cleaned up where I have room to start workin on stuff and now its filled up again. I went through this not to long ago,I get stuff,keep some of it then I find myself kickin it it around,takin up space and end up gettin rid of it.Then later on find myself looking needin a part or two thats gone. lol I know you cant keep everything. lol

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 08:47 PM

Great story, glad you had a decent day out of the house.

#6 Salatino OFFLINE  

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well there not the best pics,but atleast I got a few tonight for you guys , I know the headlight retainers will work,I'm not sure about the light.It came off a 154 low boy , its in great shape other then missing the lense but thats minor.Think I might pick up another one. The gear drive cub isnt in the greatest shape but I basically got it along with the cast iron mower deck for $25.00 x-tra.cant complain or be picky about that.Hes also got a old simplicity that runs ,no deck but it comes with a snow blade and a snow blower that works. He said a $100 bucks for that. Do I need it as much as I want it or what? lol Maybe make a few bucks on it i dont know.

Attached Thumbnails

• headlight1.jpg
  • headlight2.jpg
  • cub123.jpg
  • cub123 2.jpg
  • cub123 3.jpg
  • cub123 4.jpg
  • cub deck.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 04:42 AM

Sounds like you had a good day.Congrats on your goodies.

#8 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,622 Thanks
  • 38,996 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 05:48 AM

Congrats on the new toys.

#9 UncleWillie ONLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,456 Thanks
  • 7,616 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 10:17 AM

Nice :thumbs: haul.

#10 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 10:41 AM

Looks like you did well. Congratulations

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,667 Thanks
  • 4,218 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 05:11 PM

Nice haul, and I'm glad you found your long lost friend.
Road trips are always fun!