• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,686 Thanks
  • 28,329 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 11:18 AM

Most of you realize that Garden Tractor Talk is a relatively new forum, in the grand scheme of things. With not quite 5 years of existence under it's belt, it has become the benchmark against which other forums like it are measured.

All the wonderful camaraderie, helpful members, manuals, tips & tricks are willingly shared free of charge to the members, but having a forum like this does have a few costs involved. The owners voluntarily shoulder the expenses, but there are a few things we members can do.

First, the stuff that costs you nothing.
Almost all of us use ebay. Some of us are on it several times a day. Just by using the link under View new content”, Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay the site earns a little bit. A half penny at a time, but it all adds up. A couple of more pennies if you add something to your watch list, make a purchase, etc. These are all things we do everyday, so lets give the site the credit it deserves for our continued addiction.

The more well written GT articles, the better. Informative, helpful, educational, historical, all of these help to make the site what it is and assists in making the site more attractive to more potential future support.

Manuals are a huge resource for our membership. If you have a manual, advertisement, etc that we don't have uploaded yet, please take a few minutes to scan and upload it. It won't actually make the site any money, but it will help the membership out with information.

Now the stuff that costs a little.

Site Supporter.
If you are a member here, you have heard the term, but what does it mean.
It means you enjoy the site and wish to give a little back. Annual Memberships are $20 and 3 year memberships are $50. You also gain access to our Site Supporter Forum and special events like our last year's “When Will it Fall thru the Ice” Contest.

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsors are members who have business dealings in our hobby and wish to help the site by “Sponsoring” the site. These Sponsors have their own Forum to do business in and also to let members know of special offers or new products available. They are also prominently featured on our Home Page. Contact the site administrators for more information.

Self explanatory. You do not have to be any of the above to send a little “Thank You” to the site. It's quick, painless, and helps keep the software updated, servers serving, and the fun and information free. Contact either a site administrator or contact us at gttalk at gttalk dot com You can use the paypal gift feature with that email as the recipient as well.

Please, please do not feel compelled to do any of the monetary options if you don't have the extra to spare. The very last thing we want is for the site to ever be anything other than a fun and enjoyable place to spend some time online.

Thank you for your consideration – Gardentractortalk.com staff

Edited by MH81, September 28, 2014 - 11:07 PM.
Updated years in operation.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, mjodrey and 29 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,657 Thanks
  • 39,028 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 01:01 PM

i see a lot of folks are viewing this, but none have commented. What we hope to accomplish is to enlighten folks in ways to help GTTalk as they see fit. You all like what is going on here, we plan to keep it that way. If you see something in this that you can do to help out, feel free to do so. There is no obligation to do it.

#3 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 01:11 PM

The e-bay thing was new to me. I plan on staying a supporter for as long as I'm into GTs.
We could try selling candy bars...
  • olcowhand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#4 LilysDad ONLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,232 Thanks
  • 7,465 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 01:27 PM

Same here. I had no idea about the eBay thingee.
  • olcowhand and MH81 have said thanks

#5 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 01:30 PM

It took me a second read to understand that by clicking on the eBay link on the GT talk page and going to the eBay web site via this link , we are helping out the forum. I can do that!

#6 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 01:49 PM

E-bay thing is new to me also, painless way to help GTT
  • Bolens 1000, olcowhand and MH81 have said thanks

#7 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,669 Thanks
  • 1,421 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 03:05 PM

I had no idea about the E-bay link. I have been using it all along. The link is the easiest way to get directly to garden tractors on E-bay. Thanks again to all the supporters of this fine site. I do believe it is the best interactive site on the web.
I just updated my status to Supporter.

Edited by Bmerf, September 03, 2012 - 03:14 PM.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, powerking56 and 2 others have said thanks

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,240 Thanks
  • 29,695 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 04:10 PM

So I am assuming, if we use the GTT Ebay link, any search we do from there, then if we buy or "watch", GTT gets something? I gotta buy some ink cartridges, so I'm using the link right now.
  • MH81 said thank you

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 05:33 PM

Thanks Alan, I will try to do more of those things.

#10 Fabman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 05:40 PM

Wow! Count me in on the E-bay. Wish i'd have known this before could have done alot for the cause. :ok:
  • MH81 said thank you

#11 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up Alan, the E-bay link is something most all of us can use.

#12 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for the info Alan. I'll start using the ebay link, which should help since I'm on ebay about 10 times a day! :bigrofl: I have a bunch of Bantam GT manuals I'll try to get uploaded here, although these little GT's aren't very popular, so they probabally won't get used much.

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk and MH81 have said thanks

#13 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,324 Thanks
  • 4,918 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 09:20 PM

I admit to using the e-bay link but had no idea that it was benefiting GTT. Thanks for enlightening us. Will have to use it more.

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 1,868 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 06:14 PM

I finally got my doctor bills from fighting cancer paid off so I have joined today! I am one of the few that doesn't do ebay but thinking about registering to maybe sell off some stuff that is accumulating around here.

Love this forum, but I am far from a full time GT guy, restorer or collector. I just have a love for old stuff like this.

• olcowhand, MH81, caseguy and 1 other said thanks

#15 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:24 PM

Most definitely. I am on ebay and craigslist for atleast a couple of hours a day (usually while my daughter is taking a nap). I will most definitely go thru this website to goto Ebay from now on. I buy atleast 5-6 items a week off of eBay.