Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Ebay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Vasich OFFLINE  

Kevin Vasich

• Member No: 7211
  • 87 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:40 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item51a0d81754
Hey I wanted everyone to see this.

#2 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:42 PM

Tis the season :thumbs:

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:49 PM

Here's a couple pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• jd cab.JPG
  • jc cab2.JPG

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 07:08 PM

That must be quite rare and certainly looks like it could be made to look new with very little work. I didn't know that such a cab was made for the 110/112. I haven't seen too many GT cabs up here.

#5 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 08:06 PM

Now why the heck did I sell those 110's and the 112. Great, now I might wind up with a cab but no tractor. Oh well, gotta start somewhere I guess.

#6 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 08:52 PM

About a month ago i bought a cozy cab for a massey ferguson.Thats the first one i've seen.Mine was a heck of alot cheaper though.

#7 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 12:23 AM

That must be quite rare and certainly looks like it could be made to look new with very little work. I didn't know that such a cab was made for the 110/112. I haven't seen too many GT cabs up here.

It can't be all that rare, in the second pic you can see another one in the background still attached to a tractor LOL.
I know that just because this guy has two doesn't make them common, but thought it was funny that the other one was there.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 04:30 AM

Looks to be in great shape too.

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 05:32 AM

It can't be all that rare, in the second pic you can see another one in the background still attached to a tractor LOL.
I know that just because this guy has two doesn't make them common, but thought it was funny that the other one was there.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

All GT cabs are pretty rare in this neck of the woods. I saw one the other day on a JD 318 in the service dept. of the local dealer. It was the rustiest tractor I've ever seen! There was absolutely no paint left on the fender deck inside the cab and only a little left in the back by the tank filler. They use it for spreading salt in the winter. Cab was getting pretty rusty too. I don't know if I'd even want a cab on a GT!

#10 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,769 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 07:09 AM

Why does the right hand bump have a window in the top of it. It isn't like you can look out - unless maybe you crash and your head winds up down there. Is it so you can look down and see your hand or something?

#11 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 05:59 AM

About a month ago i bought a cozy cab for a massey ferguson.Thats the first one i've seen.Mine was a heck of alot cheaper though.

That's because ANYTHING with green and yellow paint is automatically priced at 2-3x what it's actually worth

Why does the right hand bump have a window in the top of it. It isn't like you can look out - unless maybe you crash and your head winds up down there. Is it so you can look down and see your hand or something?

There's also a window on the other side. I guess it's to let a bit more light in so you can see better, but with that 'bump' being a different shape than the one on the left side they had to put the window on the top.

I know that with Bolens, the snowcaster has a crank the comes up the right side like that to move the chute. I'll bet that the JD is the same, and that's what it's shaped differently. Might also be for a rod to control a movable snow blade as well.

Edited by OldBuzzard, September 04, 2012 - 06:03 AM.