• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Well I finished painting the flywheel cover last month and decided to make an atempt & detail the raised letters on it. The cover was'nt in the greatest shape to begin with.After messing around with off & on for a month or so I'm finished with it. Is not perfect but I'm not trying to make a show peice either. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what these spindals come off of, I pulled them off another 100 I have ,but where the wheel slides on,the backside al most looks like it has a big washer welded on it. For some reason I'm thinkin on some early originals I seen spindals exactly like this,but cant remembermaybe somone can help. There in pretty good shape so I think I'm going to use them instead of this other set I picked up. Heres a pic of 1 of the front rims I just got done cleanin up and gettin ready to paint. The inside was a lil on the rusty side but cleaned up ok,didnt sandblast it but I did spend alot of time with the air grinder & wire wheels. lol Decided to hit the inside with some rusty metal primer 1st,then with the normal stuff I'm using. Any info on the spindals would be great. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my 100 did have fenders off of a original, its got the trans cover and round support rod. Thats why I'm thinkin the spindals came off a original.Maybe somone swapped them over also.

Attached Thumbnails

• cc 100 pic 005.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 006.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 009.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 010.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 011.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 012.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 014.jpg

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 07:30 AM

Nice looking tin cover there, you can tell you took some time.

I can't tell from the pic, but is there any pitting on the bead area on the rim?

As for the spindles... I wish I could help, but no clue.

#3 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:51 AM

I think the flywheel covers look great! You did a good job. I have seen spindles like those before but like you I can't recall where or on what.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Tin looks great! I have no idea on the spindles.

#5 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 01:25 PM

thanks for the comments, I've been having problems with my computer the past few days.I'll try to get another pic of the spindals after while.

MH81...To answer your question about having rust on the bead area , its no. I'll post another pic here in a bit. The rims were actually in good shape on te outside.

Theres no valvestem on them right now , the po had put tubes in them.There the originals tires,a lil checked. I was wondering how well them bolt on valestems would be on a garden tractor rim. Never used them b4 , but was thinking about pickin some up and giving them a try. Was looking through the Nichols catalog ,thats when it crossed my mind.Probably gonna go with some trribs upfront