20 replies to this topic

#16 tinner OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Welcome to the forum. That Ford is looking good. I'm thinking I need your wife to call my wife and explain to her how great it is to have your husband's tractor (or tractors) painted. You've got something special there, hold on to her.

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Welcome to the site! Very nice tractor you have!

#18 bohare@vianet.ca OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11295
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Welcome! Nice looking LGT you have there. Can I ask why you used your e-mail for a user name? May get lots of spam doing that!

Hello KennyP. That wasn't likely a good idea to use my e-mail address. I probably should delete this profile and re-register. Going to post a few new images of the tractor.

Here is the story. I bought it on the side of the highway for $300 / 4 years ago. It ran poorly and had not been well looked after, but you could tell she was well made. I had the carb re-built and a fair bit of electricial work done. Wasn't charging at the time and the first fellow that looked at it thought it may be related to the fly wheel. Anyway solved all the mechanicial issues and talked about getting it painted. Even spoke to a local body man, but just never got around to.

Last spring a neighbour stopped by and asked if he could borrow the tractor as his was out of commission. After about a week of watching the grass needing to be cut, I stopped by his place and couldn't find the tractor. I am a good neighbour, and Steve is a good frined, but I kinda wanted my tractor back. When I would see Steve on the road he would kinda avoid me. Must have taken it up to his camp I though, oh well. A few days later I am in my home office and I hear the tractor coming down the drive way. It Mike the body man driving her home, completely re-painted, right down to the tires and dip stick. What a great birthday present.
  • KennyP said thank you

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,616 Thanks
  • 38,996 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 11:38 AM

Neat story! I sent you a PM. It will show at the top, might have to refresh the page.

#20 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Good looking Ford, I like the old school red line tires :thumbs:

#21 dstaggs OFFLINE  

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 552 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 11:45 PM

Welcome to GTtalk amd a great score on the Ford. You just have to Love the Blue.