• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 02:56 PM

Today I took a ride to go pick up two more power kings, it was about an hour away... hour and a half since we got lost on the way there.

I got a 1965 Power King. It is rough, very rough. All of the tin is bent and dinged. The engine was replaced with a K321 in place of the 10 horse that was in it. If the battery was charged it would turn over. The wires are all hacked together as it has been repowered with an engine that has a different starting system.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know what happened to the air cleaner! There are a few spots like this, that cut is the worst. You can also see a notch on the front axle that was cut out for the lift lever on the snow plow.
Posted Image

After being pressure washed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The serial number is X12108E. The X and E are because it is a deluxe model. That means it has hydraulics, electric start, body tunnel, padded seat (has been changed) and foot brakes.
Posted Image

The other is a 1956 Power King. It was on stands and only had wheels on the front, so I brought other tires and wheels to put on it for now. They were the skinniest tires I had already mounted not on a tractor. LOL!

The seller's neighbor bought this new and he always wondered why he needed such a big tractor. His neighbor moved and he bought it, painted it in 1992 and gave it to his son. Then he got it back when his son moved and now I have it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

After this one got its turn to be get pressure washed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

This serial number is 4608. When tractor was painted the ID tag was painted over. When emailing the seller I asked for the serial number and he scratched the paint off. I did not know it was painted over at this time, if I did I would have had him leave it alone so I could clean it without damaging the plate like he did. I will have to see if I can get some new tags made up.
Posted Image

He showed me some pictures of when he painted it, it looked good then! I took pictures of them for everybody.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I also got some kind of home made scoop, a plow, discs, a spring tooth harrow and brackets for a snowplow. He did not want to give up the actual plow part, he has two plows and one is messed up so he wants that one. I should have asked for the messed up one. :wallbanging: I will take pictures of the attachments and post them soon.

Before I tell you what I paid for the package, does anybody want to guess?
  • Gtractor said thank you

#2 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 03:23 PM

Congratulations Ryan, It sounds like a good deal, looks like a good deal.

I'll throw out the figure of $750.oo just to get the ball rolling.

#3 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'll guess $500

#4 CRE1992 OFFLINE  

CRE1992
  • Member No: 11285
  • 28 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 04:40 PM

$250

#5 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 05:06 PM

Looking good!

#6 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Very nice Ryan! I'm going to low ball, and say $300. So how many PK's do you have now?

Matt

#7 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 05:59 PM

$450 for both? Probably low, but figuring you got a deal. That air cleaner got mowed. One good whack with a deck blade! I don't think the 1st one is so rough. You should see some of the crap I drag home! Congrats...good looking tractors to me!

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 06:13 PM

Nice pair of kings there. Congrats Ryan.
I'll guess $325, just to be different.

#9 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 07:19 PM

They both look like great projects!! The '56 is pretty nice for an early tractor and it has not been thru too may owners either.
I'll throw out a guess of 550.00 for the pair.

#10 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 07:24 PM

Daniel was the closest, I only paid 400 for it all! The round hood alone is worth most of that, and I mean ONLY the hood.

Matt, I now have four Power Kings.

I had neighbor Dave take me to pick them up. When we got back to my house he stopped in the road and waved the car behind use by so he could back into my yard. The car stopped along side of us and the driver said "Hey! Do you want another one of those?" I told him to pull in my driveway and talk to me. He has a Jim Dandy short hood and it has a mower deck, brackets for a snow blower, dual transmissions and something else that I don't remember. He said I was the PK expert and I would know the value better then I. I told him What I paid for the other two with attachments and he said I got a great deal! I was hopping by telling him what I paid he would think his was worth less. Lol. I asked what he wanted and he said he was looking for $500. It is about two miles away and I got his phone number. :thumbs:

#11 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 07:42 PM

...That air cleaner got mowed. One good whack with a deck blade!...

Harry stopped by and that is exactly what he said! And I think you guys are right! He also said that I have to fix that one, and I can't use the good extra one I have. I will try, I cant hurt anything.

#12 CRE1992 OFFLINE  

CRE1992
  • Member No: 11285
  • 28 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 07:56 PM

Nice tractors! I think the round hood looks awesome with the ags in the front. Hopefully htey wont take too much work to get going.

#13 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:05 PM

Very nice additions to your collection Ryan. The price seems very low to me. You can fix that AC cover no problem. I had a smaller version of that on my MF8. A big gash in the side of the cover. I bent the metal back in as best I could and filled most of the gap with long hair fibreglass then filled it smooth ,sanded and primed.

#14 bigcountry48 OFFLINE  

bigcountry48
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10316
  • 101 Thanks
  • 207 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:43 PM

You pressure washer must be really powerful to blow the hood off that 56! :laughingteeth: Good buy! :thumbs:

#15 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Very nice Ryan, My wife won't let me have any power kings. So I'll let you have them all, especially in NY. Lol. Next time you won’t have to have a friend drive. LOL.