27 replies to this topic

#16 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8713
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 09:14 PM

long day fellas hot and tired sacsr showed up we enjoyed the time together even found a bushog made his day i was still the lone bolens at the show( hope i didn't miss coldone.)
please forgive just late to post pics tonight . in Christ

Edited by goodnews, September 01, 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#17 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Are you going to the show in Alexander next weekend? is that alexander n.c. doc ?

#18 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 09:16 PM

You're back safe and one Bolens is bettern none. :thumbs:
  • goodnews said thank you

#19 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 09:21 PM

So you are set up in the upper corner near the intersection. Sitting on the tractor the firestation is to your left.

I am planning on bringing the family either saturday or sunday. We will stop by and have a look at the bolens.

Britt

that is correct Britt .

#20 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Didnt make it today. I did do a cruise by around 7PM and saw your two in the corner. I plan on attending tomorrow. See you then.

#21 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 07:44 AM

Didnt make it today. I did do a cruise by around 7PM and saw your two in the corner. I plan on attending tomorrow. See you then.

it'll be afternoon before i get there today look foward to seeing you!!!!!

Edited by goodnews, September 02, 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#22 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 07:51 AM

We are heading over there in the next hour or so. I dont know how long we will stay since this will be my boys first adventure to this show. They are 4 and 6 so i dont know how long they will be interested.

#23 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Have fun. There were several events set up for children, so they may not want to leave. Homemade vanilla ice cream for $2.00, free apple cidar, etc as well.

#24 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 01:58 PM

We arrived about 10:30am and had a nice walk around. The GT world had a few representatives there, Bolens, Porter Cable, power king, Panzers, case, sears, Wheel horse, and speed ex. Just as a side note the man with the large collection of speedex didnt restore them himself. Lots of great tractors there. The center piece of the show nowadays is the Steam powered mills, Saw mill, door and window mill, Grist mill.

It has changed alot since when it started. There used to be alot more equipment and socializing. (and food too). I remember being a 12 years old and ariving there at 1-2pm and not leaving until 9-10pm. There was fiddlein and pickin until late in the night and it was just local folks jammin. Buck dancing and cow chip bingo too. Tobbacco spittin contest and hot pepper eatin. Bucksaw compitions too, nothing like watchin two old timmers working together and beating a couple of teenagers on the crosscut. Its still a nice visit and a fun family place.

We had just started shooting water balloons at each other (mom and one kid, me and the other) when the bottom fell out. I told hunney bunny she missed every time and it was the rain that got me soaked and not her balloons. Anyway, we had fun and got to see a few freinds. I missed out on our GT guys but I had to get the kids home for an afternoon nap.

For those of you that are kinda close, we have Harts pumpkin festival coming up in a few weeks. I will post some info when it getts closer. Maybe we can have a GTTalk section to show off some of our stuff.
  • sacsr and goodnews have said thanks

#25 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 07:01 PM

yes, i too have seen the change come about in just 2 or 3 yrs. and this year was really disappointing so much was missing or not there, there was 4 gtpullers there fri. 2 caseand 2 cadets when they found out they had to pay to sleep in their trailers they packed up and went home , i had a deai going with one guy on a brinly plow and sleeve hitch but sat. he was gone and now you have to pay for your golf if you are going to ride, i would guess the attendance was 50% less than i n the past but i enjoyed the 2 days and Lord willing i'll be there next year, i was wondering if you got wet and sounds like you did and had family fun doing it . thanks for the help on the report i need all i can get . may the Lord bless you and family
in christ bobby

Edited by goodnews, September 02, 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#26 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 07:53 PM

Rumor has it that they had to start charging for everything to help pay for the new community building across the road.

I liked the big Fairbanks morse engine. I hope they have it running next year. Its a two cylinder 150HP. The piston is about 2ft tall and about 14 inches across.

#27 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 08:46 PM

I got a call from the FFA tonight informing me that I had won a small prize of a garden tool set at the show.. I told them to ship it if they could and I would pay the cost, or to give it away if that got too complicated. He said he would check with the school and probably be taken care of by them. I had considered it more as a donation for the kids.....plus I mentioned to him that the reason I had bought the tickets was because the kids had come by where Goodnews and I were sitting and asked us to come by their booth to buy them. I wanted them to know that it was worth the effort they were doing walking around recruiting potential buyers. I believe we need to encourage kids to work hard and if they do, their efforts will pay off! Anyway, It was just cool getting the call! Now if it had been the John Deere gator I probably would have got in the truck and drove the 2 1/2 hour to pick it up!

Edited by sacsr, September 02, 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#28 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:11 PM

yes alot of history there and i do understand the cost of things now days so all said i will support them in years to come reguardless what others do .
congrads on the prize scott you're a team player' in Christ bobby