Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Massey Mf1650 "rear Pto" Parts Break Down Needed!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quietwnd OFFLINE  

quietwnd
  • Member No: 10863
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 09:50 PM

Problem: Having some irregular shaft movement at "front drive belts"; pulley/sheave moving backward in operation and contacting belt tensioner , shaft support bracket. :mecry:

Seems as though something is obviously missing; spacer or snap ring to prevent belt sheave from contacting shaft support plate. Shaft seems to stay in place in position but sheave slides back making contact at belt adjuster/bracket below steering column!

Wondering if someone might have "parts breakdown" of pto drive shaft assembly specifically area of "front" shaft and drive pulley. Almost certain there should be snap ring or spacer in place but I don't see anything!

If someone can help with a parts list of the complete pto driveshaft (inboard) I would greatly appreciate the help!!!

#2 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 01:41 AM

Hi Quietwnd. Welcome to GTT.
Are you familiar with AgcoPartsBooks.com
Sign in as guest.
enter 1650 and select MF as brand.

Hope that shows you what you need.
  • quietwnd said thank you

#3 quietwnd OFFLINE  

quietwnd
  • Member No: 10863
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 04:03 AM

Perfect! :thumbs:

I looked at Agco prior.... but somehow wasn't in the right area to navigate or find parts list. Search didn't find any parts book initally.

I found rear pto shaft assembly but doesn't look like there is any shim behind pulle; other than lock collars. Seems solution may only be to shim between pulley and front shaft support bearing.

Thanks for the post