• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 05:41 AM

Getting awful dry around here. Weeds are about all that is thriving. I'll probably top them this weekend. 100-105 for the next week, possible rain on Monday.

#17 mike165 OFFLINE  

mike165

• Member No: 2973
  • 6 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 05:40 AM

i dont know if spraying the lespidiza worked or if its the lack of water here and the heat lol. its awful brown out there.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hey, Mike. Been awhile. Hope you are handling the heat well. Getting browner by the minute here. 105 today!

#19 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 06:29 AM

Just starting to dry out here! No rain for a couple of weeks. It's been in the upper 90's all week w/high humidity, never got below 80 last night.

I do my outside work of a morning, then into the shop afternoon. I have a small air conditioner in the shop, helps with the humidity & gets the temp. down to bearable w/fans ( around 90).

Seems to wear me out a little more each day! ~~ grnspot

#20 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 06:45 AM

I know that a lot of you are suffering from abnormal weather, be it too much rain or not enough. We (Western PA) are also having an abnormal summer. The garden is still growing OK. I've had to water it a few times, but the grass is brown and dry. The weeds don't seem to mind as much though! It's been 2 weeks since I mowed...very unusual for July here. Middle to the end of August is usually our dry, hot season. The temps have been in the upper 90's for a few days and were mid to upper 80's for 3 weeks prior, all with excessive humidity! I'm not necessarily complaining about it as I know there are some of you who are far worse off than we are and my prayers go out to all the farmers out there who are struggling with the weather. I hope that things get straightened out for them before me! I like to eat...and I love produce! No crops for whatever reason means no (or very little and extremely expensive) produce.