Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

What Model Gravely 2 Wheel Is It?

5665 566 commercial 12 gravely identify model 5000 500

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 herbertk1 OFFLINE  

herbertk1
  • Member No: 11256
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi,
I just bought a Gravely "5665" the other day. I thought I'd try to confirm the serial numbers to see the year, etc. When I looked I did not find a serial number below the hood at all. I found 2 numbers. One on the engine (Kohler k301S, spec 47459d, SN 6292722), and one on the left lower side (SN- J113001).

The Walk Behind is very clean. Red hood (no number decal), the dash has choke, key, and hi-lo, and PTO engage. No hour meter, or other devices.

From what I can figure out both serial numbers indice 1974. I do not even know the difference between the 500, 5000, and commercial 12 models. Can anyone give me ideas how to check into this? I can take pics of specific areas if that will help.

Thank you

#2 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,222 Thanks
  • 1,453 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 06:47 PM

www.oldgravelys.net

#3 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 1,832 Thanks
  • 3,120 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 10:00 PM

I can't help you but someone should be along that can. Good luck.

#4 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,285 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 10:32 PM

That should be an 5000 series tractor, as Coldone said go to www.oldgravelys.net lots of information on them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5665, 566, commercial 12, gravely, identify, model, 5000, 500