#1 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hello everyone,
I tried looking through the manual section, but for some reason this stupid computer wont allow me to look at the brochures or manuals. So if someone could help me, I would appreciate it greatly. I was wondering and would like to know what attachments, accesories, dump carts, etc. were made to fit on tube frame tractor models 600,800,900, 1000, etc. either by bolens, brinly, or any other manufactures if possible. Thanks!!

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 06:27 AM

There are far too many to list so I think these pictures should be of some help to you.

Ones not pictured are Flail mower, Sickle mower, Sweepster rotary broom, Pull behind dump cart, Seeder, York Rake, Snow caster, Sprayer, Front mount PTO accessory's, Snow cab/hard/Soft, Leaf Rake

There may be some I missed.....

Attached Thumbnails

• pg1 list.jpg
  • pg 2 list.jpg
  • pg 3 list.jpg

• Bruce Dorsi said thank you

#3 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 07:28 AM

A guy has some attachments, hes says there bolens, or made for a bolens. I think they may be homemade. either way they are cool. He has a rear grader blade, rear adjustable(with lever from seat) disk, rear dump cart, and a square drag with tons of spikes, almost looks like some kind of comb??? Anything sound bolens??

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 07:29 AM

A guy has some attachments, hes says there bolens, or made for a bolens. I think they may be homemade. either way they are cool. He has a rear grader blade, rear adjustable(with lever from seat) disk, rear dump cart, and a square drag with tons of spikes, almost looks like some kind of comb??? Anything sound bolens??

Do you have any pictures?

#5 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 08:16 AM

I will most likely have a brand new fleet of bolens & things after tonight, if all goes as planned. I plan on buying 5 tractors, 2 decks, tire chains, dump cart, disk, tiller, blower, spike drag, and anything else that maybe available at this guys house. Gonna be hard to take pictures by the time I come home, and I gotta be at my dads for his b-day party. You should just stop by friday or saturday and see it all if I get it tonight.

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Sounds like your getting some nice equipment!
Hope the deal goes smooth and works out for you

#7 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 30, 2012 - 08:59 PM

Wow, there are a lot of nice attachments for these Bolens tractors! I wonder how many of each type were actually made and/or are still around today? Some look really interesting.

I'm curious about that insect fogger "attachment". What is that??? It looks like a small bottle that attaches to the hood and somehow injects poison into the engine so that it comes out the exhaust and it uses some nasty exhaust fumes from the tractor to try and kill insects. :confuse: I don't imagine that can be very DEC approved these days and while it probably works quite well to kill insects, I'd imagine it can't be very healthy for the operator of the tractor either! Especially if you get a good cross-wind blowing that stuff back in your face! :(

I also see that the leaf vac was made by E-Z Rake? So, is that particular model the one that was designed to work with the Bolens specifically, but Trac-Vac systems are "generic" and will attach to just about any tractor as well? Or are they just two competitors and are pretty similar? I don't know that much about E-Z Rake company I guess... I just figured I see a lot of Bolens with Trac-Vacs attached to them, I thought those were the ones sold by the Bolens dealers for use with their tractors... Evidently not!

Edited by MailmAn, August 30, 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 05:35 AM

I'm curious about that insect fogger "attachment". What is that??? It looks like a small bottle that attaches to the hood and somehow injects poison into the engine so that it comes out the exhaust and it uses some nasty exhaust fumes from the tractor to try and kill insects. :confuse: I don't imagine that can be very DEC approved these days and while it probably works quite well to kill insects, I'd imagine it can't be very healthy for the operator of the tractor either! Especially if you get a good cross-wind blowing that stuff back in your face! :(

The fogger was basically a tank that got fastened to the hood and a line ran down the side of the hood and into the muffler.
These were made for a variety of tractors.

I also see that the leaf vac was made by E-Z Rake? So, is that particular model the one that was designed to work with the Bolens specifically, but Trac-Vac systems are "generic" and will attach to just about any tractor as well? Or are they just two competitors and are pretty similar? I don't know that much about E-Z Rake company I guess... I just figured I see a lot of Bolens with Trac-Vacs attached to them, I thought those were the ones sold by the Bolens dealers for use with their tractors... Evidently not!

EZ Rake made a few different models of Vacuum systems for quite a few different brands of garden tractors.
The only thing that was not made by the company was the dump cart which was made by Bolens.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#9 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well here is one of the additions to my fleet, Bolens 800 with all the attachments. I'm not sure about who made any of the attachments besides the tiller and blower, but I figured, ah what the heck, even if some were homemade, or made to fit they are still cool, and I'd love to have them!! So alittle back ground on the 800. Its a one owner machine, been touched up alittle here and there, but the machine was always stored inside, and there is not rust issues, pitting or anything anywhere. The seat pan even looks brand new. The old man that owned it became sick, and couldn't do much anymore, so the 800 and all the goodies got stored away, and sat for 3 yrs. Well unfortunetly the old man passed away at the age of 95, and his family had a estate sale. A friend of a friend, of a friend, bought all ther stuff and caught wind that I like Bolens. So he contacted me with the info. and I went to look at the 800. We made a deal, and then he showed me around his place. He collects wheelhorse tractors, and does garden tractor pulling. He had over 40 wheelhorse tractors, tons of motors, rare attachments, and a few other brand nice machines. He also had 6 to 8 pulling tractors all done up nice, one with a small block chevy bolted in it. Overall, buying the 800 was awesome experience, and a great find. There is more additions to be added, but not nearly as nice as this 800. Keep an eye on the thread, I'll hopefully get the others home tonight. Also if anyone has input on the attachment, let me know! Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens 800.jpg
  • bolens 800 1.jpg
  • bolens 800 2.jpg
  • bolens 800 blower.jpg
  • bolens 800 blower 1.jpg
  • bolens 800 rear disk.jpg
  • bolens 800 rear grader blade.jpg
  • bolens 800 tiller.jpg
  • bolens 800 tiller 1.jpg
  • bolens 800 cart.jpg
  • bolens 800 harrow.jpg

Edited by fonz3482, August 31, 2012 - 08:25 AM.

• Bolens 1000, KennyP, Newpaws493 and 1 other said thanks

#10 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 08:32 AM

Wow, you got some nice stuff there!
I'm not sure as to the manufacture of those other implements but they look to be for a different brand of tractor
Looking forward to more pictures!
Besides those few paint touch ups that 800 looks great!

#11 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 08:36 AM

This 800 has me a bit puzzled with those decals on it. I can see the round bump for the "B" on the front of the hood which should indicate a 1963, but the side and middle "800" decal indicates a 64' or 65' The black shift knob was also a feature of 63'
Since it only had one owner I'm guessing you got one of those "transition" (possibly a very early 1964) Bolens where some of the parts left over from 63' got added to the 64' I think you got something special there. Are the serial and model numbers readable??
  • MailmAn said thank you

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 08:46 AM

Nice tractor and attachments. You should be able to accomplish a lot with that set up.

#13 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 09:58 AM

Looks like a nice score so far :thumbs: Lookin forward to the rest of the goodies!
Congrats on the 800, am I seeing a bracket on the hood? Is that where a fogger would mount or what? Any label(s) on that cart? :confuse:

#14 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 11:49 AM

This 800 has me a bit puzzled with those decals on it. I can see the round bump for the "B" on the front of the hood which should indicate a 1963, but the side and middle "800" decal indicates a 64' or 65' The black shift knob was also a feature of 63'
Since it only had one owner I'm guessing you got one of those "transition" (possibly a very early 1964) Bolens where some of the parts left over from 63' got added to the 64' I think you got something special there. Are the serial and model numbers readable??

I'll look into the serial number tonight. I figure I can straighten out the few color issues, clean the fuel tank, and leave the machine as is. I like the original look for now.

Looks like a nice score so far :thumbs: Lookin forward to the rest of the goodies!
Congrats on the 800, am I seeing a bracket on the hood? Is that where a fogger would mount or what? Any label(s) on that cart? :confuse:

I dont see any labels on any of the attachments, But I know they been painted. I am going to further investigate when I get home. I've been running like crazy for the last few days chasing bolens. I added 5 to my collection this week. I'm cut off now for a longtime!!!

#15 willy OFFLINE  

willy

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8423
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hello I thought I'd pipe in , the dump cart is bolens I saw 2 NOS at a old farm store that has been around since 1945 . They sold Gibson,Speedex,Bolens Wheelhorse,&others . He still has some NOS & used parts , there is a S 7 Speedex still new in the back. This is in Central Coast CA. so it might not help some of you .
  • Newpaws493 said thank you