#16 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 10:12 AM

i work with a bunch of 20 somethings and at almost 54 with a heart condition i still work circles around them. they would rather show up and collect a pay check without working . i just dont understand the young people now days. i know that not all young people are lazy but seems like that most are.

Edited by dogsoldier, August 28, 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#17 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 10:40 AM

I agree this phone thing is out of control. It amazes me how people become so paranoid if they can't use the phone or text. I find the phone an annoying distraction especially when I'm working on something. Don't get me started about the so called survey calls which are nothing but a way for them to get around the "do not call" law.

Our son came to the dinner table the other night and his phone went off. He picked it up to answer it, I looked at him and told him if he wanted dinner then he had better put it away. He is 34 years old.
  • MH81 and twostep have said thanks

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 10:45 AM

I get so aggravated watching my son with a cell phone pasted to his ear much of the day! You would think he would have more sense than to be yapping when there's work to do. He knows how I feel about it, so he tries to be discrete, but you can spot a "cell ear" a mile away! Not many have my cell number, and even those have to wait many times when calling me. Heck, on a tractor I can't hear or even feel the vibe most of the time anyway. I don't care to text much, but it is the best way most times. I can answer when it's easier for me.

#19 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 12:32 PM

my wife and I have text blocked on our phone. if you want to talk to me you're going to have to call. If I don't answer because I'm busy... leave a message. Texting has ruined communication in our society. I've lost touch with a lot of friends in recent years because they've went to only texting each other so now they forget they can actually call people too.

I hear people (and not the young ones either) in my office on personal phone calls and can't help to wonder why they think it's acceptable. You have a cell phone, get off your ass and step outside if it is so important that you can't wait till later.
  • Toolpartzman said thank you

#20 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 07:51 PM

I got myself a cell phone about 10 years ago. I still have the same one. It stays in the truck. Being we
live out in the country, and it gets pretty wintery at times, I got it for emergency purposes. If I carried it around
at work, and let my customers know my #, I'd never get anything done.
  • Toolpartzman said thank you

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 10:05 PM

I use my cell phone for company business quite a bit. yes, I do text once or twice a day to a buddy and I usually call home at lunch, but the bulk of the time I'm on it, I'm talking to my boss or a fellow employee, solving issues.

Don't get me started about the so called survey calls which are nothing but a way for them to get around the "do not call" law.

I got a call on Saturday the 18th at 4 PM. I didn't recognize the #, so I did some online research and came up with the company name. A little more research turned up the email of the president.

In the following document, I am in red, the president is in black, and the person he forwarded my response to is in blue.

They did exactly as I asked, and in the time I allotted.
Attached File  Bernett.pdf   38.26KB   36 downloads

#22 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 10:23 AM

The people that do this is scum, nothing but leaches on society.

#23 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 10:34 AM

Since I run my business on my phone ( calls, email, texts, ect) I have to answer mine. When I am dealing with a customer in person I do apologize, see who it is, if it is a call I have to take I take it, otherwise it goes to VM, if it is a test I will read it quickly and return to the customer. However, I am not on the phone arranging booty calls all day long. Honestly, one of the guys was doing nothing but lying to girls all day long. He was telling one that he only liked blondes and the other that he didn't like blondes. Geez, How do you keep all that straight in your head. I can't remember the truth let alone 400 different lies.

#24 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 11:29 AM

... I can't remember the truth let alone 400 different lies.

I hear that! I even told my wife to never ask a question that she didn't want an honest answer to. I find that honesty is always the best policy!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2