LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 05:01 PM

I just went through the Toro Customer Service to look at the parts diagrams. They only show a model 5070 trans with the travel lever on top for all years. Not much help.

#17 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:50 PM

Today was looking at it. Small hex plug on top in back unscrewed and was a long pointed pin, fairly thick. O-ring on outer edge of nut. Could be a realease. I turned the axle pulley while out a few turns and back in snug, but can't go fast enough and notheing happened. I'll have to get an electric motor with pulley and belt and try to run it. I started to put the front of tractor back together today and bolted up rear just to hold it up.

#18 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 05:38 AM

It's kind of hard to use their files because there are so many and they're grouped kind of haphazard.

It would be really peachy if you could find an owner's manual for the GT14.

Curious why you think the files are haphazard because I put them there. The tractors are grouped by model years. How can it be improved?

This Group
http://groups.yahoo....ctormanuals1_7/
has they only GT-14 operator manual we have and it is for 1969.

When you are in one of the Yahoo manuals Groups use the Links to see what else is where. The link will take you to the Files of any manuals Group you have joined.

Garry

#19 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 06:30 AM

Curious why you think the files are haphazard because I put them there. The tractors are grouped by model years. How can it be improved?

This Group
http://groups.yahoo....ctormanuals1_7/
has they only GT-14 operator manual we have and it is for 1969.

When you are in one of the Yahoo manuals Groups use the Links to see what else is where. The link will take you to the Files of any manuals Group you have joined.

Garry

Well, some of it might be my ineptness, but I found 1-7 on the third page and I have to join each chapter individually to find out what is in it.
I don't mean to upset you. The Group is about the only place I know of to obtain this stuff. I didn't know you were a member here and was wishing you could help with this. I didn't specifically find anything for GT14.

#20 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Well, some of it might be my ineptness, but I found 1-7 on the third page and I have to join each chapter individually to find out what is in it.
I don't mean to upset you. The Group is about the only place I know of to obtain this stuff. I didn't know you were a member here and was wishing you could help with this. I didn't specifically find anything for GT14.

I see now what you are talking about. It is the links at WH.org that are all mixed up. Have no idea how it sorted them. I think they made me a moderator there but have never figured out how to do anything.

The original and 1st manuals Group is key to finding your way around because there is a Database Table there you can search and it has 9814 entries which is well over 1000 pages if you were to print it. In my search for manuals I included what Toro has available for download or that can be ordered.
If you use Printable Report it loads the entire contents onto one page so you can quickly view it but give it 1/2 a minute. More on how to untilize the table in a File there named
A set of instructions for using a Database Table
I posted the service bulletin numbers with the model numbers except those that were too general in nature. Those are in a file named
A List of the General Product Service Bulletins.pdf

A summary of what is in what Group is listed in the Links which are in every Group. They will take you to the Files of any you have joined.

Garry

#21 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 02:39 PM

There are 2 different 1970 GT-14 parts manuals in the Files of
http://groups.yahoo....ctormanuals1_9/
named
Tractor 1970 GT-14 1-7451 IPL #A-5260.pdf
and
Tractor 1970 GT-14 1-7452 1-7543 IPL A-5255.pdf

These are in all the Groups that used this hydro
Tractor 1970 Transmission Wheel-a-Matic 1969 SM A-5179.pdf
and
Tractor 1970 Transmission Wheel-a-Matic tow valve.pdf
The model year is changed to reflect the model year but same file.

Garry

#22 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Yes and from all reports there are two different transmissions. It appears that Wheel Horse has two series of GT14. The first includes 1969 and 1970 with a series of 4 consecutive (sp) model numbers. Years 1971 and 72 have a different series of numbers. All of these(the ones that do offer a trans break down) list the same trans diagram.

Grumpy, it sounds as though you found the right valve. If it is closed, you won't be able to push it at all. If it's open it will push with some resistance.

#23 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:36 PM

West, I just get Web page can't be found on those links. I have parts manual for GT and has some diff things in it, so maybe there is another with correct stuff? I have the axle manuals, but not much diff than what's in WH regular stuff. Time to look it over better is slim too, been wasting it on Here....ha! :smilewink:

#24 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 04:54 AM

You have to join the Group in the first link to have access to the 1970 Files.
http://groups.yahoo....ctormanuals1_9/

Garry