#31 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Just out of curiosity, does cranky have 1" spindles/axle? I am looking for just the axle, as I have spindles and wheels for 1". They came off a JD that looked similar to Cranky, but all that was left was the fenders and frame.

Kenny, his front axle uses 3/4" spindles. If you are still in need of a 1" spindled axle, let me know. I have an extra out in the shed. It came off of a 1972 140.

#32 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Kenny, his front axle uses 3/4" spindles. If you are still in need of a 1" spindled axle, let me know. I have an extra out in the shed. It came off of a 1972 140.

Well, it's either find an axle or offer these spindles & wheels for sale. LOL I'll shoot a PM your way.

#33 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted September 10, 2012 - 01:35 PM

Some of the sites on building an FEL have instructions for upgrading to 1 inch spindles by using spindles made for utility trailers. Places like northerntool sell them. Just an idea - can't say I've actually done it.

#34 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted September 10, 2012 - 01:53 PM

Some of the sites on building an FEL have instructions for upgrading to 1 inch spindles by using spindles made for utility trailers. Places like northerntool sell them. Just an idea - can't say I've actually done it.

I've seen those. But you almost have to have a machine shop to do what they say. I do not have the ability to bore a hole larger that 5/8". To me. it would be easier to change the whole axle out!