• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShelbyGT550 OFFLINE  

ShelbyGT550

• Member No: 8074
  • 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 10:22 AM

I wanted to test the rockshaft cyl as it was leaking down on its own as the tractor was running, So I did as the manual said and removed the line going to the control valve after raising the 3pt with nothing on it, Then started it up and moved the leaver to the raise position, According to the manual a little fluid should come out then it should stop if the cyl is good, Well it was a waterfall, So I figured it was the cyl line, Which means a bad cyl, Well I just went under the 400 again as I was trying to figure out if I could take the rockshaft cyl off without removing the fenderpan (As I would also have to take the cab off) and noticed something, It appears that it might not have been the rockshaft line that was spewing, It looks like the port from which i removed the line from was spraying fluid as there is fluid where the line was not pointed, What would cause it to spew out of the port? Says nothing about that in the manual. Thanks in advance

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 10:36 AM

I don't know what they were trying to prove exactly but it looks like they are testing to see if fluid is bypassing the internal seals in the cylinder. They pressurize one side of the cylinder with the other port open. The fluid in the cylinder will be pushed out as the cylinder moves to the end of it's travel then fluid flow should stop. In the case of seal leakage fluid would continue to come out of the open port which is what happened in your case. Without seeing the test procedure in detail I can't really comment further.

#3 ShelbyGT550 OFFLINE  

ShelbyGT550

• Member No: 8074
  • 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 01:40 PM

Ok thanks for the reply. I "think" i have found part of the issue, I swapped the spools around and it seems tighter and has more "oumf" as far as lifting goes, it now really tries to lift the 425 off the backblade but lifts it right up off the ball hitch attachment, Still spewing out of the control valve when testing though

Posted Image