#1 UncleWillie ONLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,500 Thanks
  • 7,630 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 07:48 AM

I saw this ad this morning and was wondering about it. Since I don't have green fever I have no idea what the stock pedal looks like or functions.

Item for sale:

John Deere 425, 445, 455 Enhanced Reverse Pedal with rubber pad.

This is the second generation of the enchanced reverse pedal I've designed. It comes with a rubber pad marked with a reverse arrow.

As one can see in the photo the enhanced reverse pedal with rubber pad is a clean simple design that gives you plenty of room for your foot! Unlike other pedals on the market.

This pedal will also fit on The John Deere GT-series, LX-series, and the F-series mowers that have the same plastic reverse pedal.

As an owner of a JD 445 garden tractor I was looking for a way to increase my travel speed in reverse while I was blowing snow during the winter. The stock pedal on my machine was difficult to push down with my big winter boots on and I could not travel very fast while backing up. Having a background in engineering and manufacturing I decided to design and build my own reverse pedal, one that was more user-friendly, had more surface area to push on and it would be easier to push down when I mow my grass in the summer with my sandals on.

This pedal has brought new life to my 445 and it has saved me time and money.

The installation of this enhanced pedal is easy; all you have to do is loosen the set screw on your current plastic reverse pedal and pull up on the forward pedal so the plastic pedal will go down under the floor pan and pull the plastic pedal off of the shaft. Make sure that the shaft is clean and slide this NEW one on and tighten the set screw bolt and your ready to go. Simple!

This enhanced reverse pedal with rubber pad is easy to use, it has been designed to give you maximum reverse travel on your garden tractor.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 09:56 AM

I've never heard anyone complain about those pedals before. I had a later model large JD GT an x475 and it had a much larger reverse pedal than what's pictured.