• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Okay, I just found another interesting Bolens item on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a21f1bdd0

It says it as a Bolens GK and it has a Wisconsin engine in it. (I thought maybe it was some other engine due to the size, but it is a Wisconsin.) I've never seen anything like this before. Looks like an Estate Keeper on steroids! Anyone (Doc) have any info on these? Are they rare and/or worth a lot? Looks like a larger commercial machine or something to me...

Edited by MailmAn, August 23, 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 09:29 PM

I think there is a grounds keeper model, not sure if that is it or not. It would explain what GK stands for.
  • MH81 said thank you

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Grounds keeper is right there so hard to find parts for and there nothing with it idk if it worth that even.
The 12 or 15 inch wheels on them were the same used on large frames.
Big down side to them is there sticks not hydros to...

#4 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 11:42 PM

It says it as a Bolens GK and it has a Wisconsin engine in it. ! Anyone (Doc) have any info on these?

http://gardentractor...-brochure-1966/

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 04:56 AM

I would like to come across one of those myself.

#6 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 06:21 AM

I would like to come across one of those myself.

I'm assuming more intact and/or with more accessories (like a mower deck, blower, or whatever else these might have come with), especially if parts and accessories for these are very hard to come by if Bolens didn't make or sell very many of them?

Addendum to my previous statement: From the manual Bruce Dorsi shared above, these things look awesome!! I see the one on eBay has a cab on it that wasn't standard equipment, so it looks a bit different at first and/or makes it look much bigger than it really is. (Although it still looks pretty damn big!) Were these originally all yellow though or did they change colors from the brochure? Now THIS thing looks like the kind of mower I should have for mowing lawns commercially! That will make short work of just about any lawn it looks like, especially with a 6 foot deck! I think it's awesome too that the outside sections of the deck are pivoting and can swing up so it will fit easily on a trailer and fit through fence gates, etc. to make it more maneuverable! Bolens really thought of everything!

Edited by MailmAn, August 24, 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 06:39 AM

They were originally Yellow

Here's a thread showing a GK one of our members has http://gardentractor... gk#entry42702
  • MailmAn said thank you

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 07:37 AM

there so hard to find parts for and there nothing with it idk if it worth that even.

A handy guy could sure come up with something. A snow plow would be awful easy to rig up. A 60" deck is doable.

What horse power is that thing? It looks to me like it would EAT John Deeres!!!

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 07:42 AM

A handy guy could sure come up with something. A snow plow would be awful easy to rig up. A 60" deck is doable.

What horse power is that thing? It looks to me like it would EAT John Deeres!!!

I think they were around 18hp

#10 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm assuming more intact and/or with more accessories (like a mower deck, blower, or whatever else these might have come with), especially if parts and accessories for these are very hard to come by if Bolens didn't make or sell very many of them?

Addendum to my previous statement: From the manual Bruce Dorsi shared above, these things look awesome!! I see the one on eBay has a cab on it that wasn't standard equipment, so it looks a bit different at first and/or makes it look much bigger than it really is. (Although it still looks pretty damn big!) Were these originally all yellow though or did they change colors from the brochure? Now THIS thing looks like the kind of mower I should have for mowing lawns commercially! That will make short work of just about any lawn it looks like, especially with a 6 foot deck! I think it's awesome too that the outside sections of the deck are pivoting and can swing up so it will fit easily on a trailer and fit through fence gates, etc. to make it more maneuverable! Bolens really thought of everything!

From what I know they were made 66-67 and came with only mower deck, blower, and blade.
Yellow is the only color the GK came in also most of the GK's I have seen had a cab on them.
On the other forum there is a member with 3 GK's and he said to me once that a large frame is not very big next to it.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#11 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 03:22 PM

On the other forum there is a member with 3 GK's and he said to me once that a large frame is not very big next to it.

Wow, where did he manage to find 3 of these in running condition? This was the first one I've ever seen on eBay... I can't imagine it is easy to find one of these intact these days, let alone three of them!

#12 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 05:45 PM

heck i got a log splitter and a buzz rig that have those THD wiscon's on them , can't beat them for power , i can't stall the one on the splitter the ram stalls before the engine will lug down and it won't stall , if i could i would but i can't so i won't :smilewink:

#13 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 08:48 PM

That is a neat little buggy. You guys should take up a collection and mail it to me. LOL

#14 bratsrgood OFFLINE  

bratsrgood
  • Member No: 10947
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 03:52 AM

Hey everbody brian from green bay wisconsin here. I hit the buy it now on ebay on this bolens gk, I will let you all know how it turns out. I will get it on wednesday.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#15 bratsrgood OFFLINE  

bratsrgood
  • Member No: 10947
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 03:57 AM

Also if anybody wants a cab let me know, I would be willing to get rid of it