Garden Tractor Forums banner

169 Cub Questions..

3K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  EricFromPa 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dad picked up his new to him 169 and I have it in the shop. The wiring is a mess and I downloaded the parts and service manuals here on the site. I question I have is that the engine we have in this tractor is direct drive starter with internal alternator. The parts and service manuals only show wiring diagrams for a starter/generator engine. With this model only being made 1 or 2 years, did they change from one style starter to the other during this time.

It also has a electronic PTO clutch.

#7 ·
It should have a S/G setup and manual PTO clutch. Some 169's came with manual lift, they should f had hyd, but IH was short on them.

#11 ·
Here are few photo's of the 169.

First is tractor Serial #, Second is engine Serial #.
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Font Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Hood Vehicle door
Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Wood
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas Vehicle
Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Attachments

Reactions: LTD
#18 ·
Looks like it to me, it has part of he muffler box.

#21 ·
That would be one of the last ones made.

#24 ·
You're probably right, Brian. Sometimes I wish my 108 had an electric PTO.

#26 ·
The manual is much better, you can ease it in and it's a lot cheaper to rebuild.

#25 ·
It should of had the PTO with he brake on it, I believe they started installing those in Sep 73.

#28 ·
Do you have any space between the button and clutch? I keep about 1/16" between mine, and when I don't have my on it that uses a belt I readjust it where the clutch is engaged all th time and the button isn't touching. I also use a brass button in the arm.

#29 ·
Yes there is a gap, it's when I want to shut the mower off that it eats the buttons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.