20 replies to this topic

#16 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 10:22 PM

After My frigging computer crashed Here we go again (i had All kinds of stuff written down) I have Toyed with this idea i have most of the stuff for a 4 wheel drive conversion i was going to do with a bolens G12 as its Shaft drive i was going to use a snow blower gear box for the axle and Princess auto U joints with a Custom Axle and a Toro 832 axle and tires (there is a Lock - unlock option) but the hardest part is geting the drive from the rear to the front And at the right speed .. So i gave up on that If i go with a 4 wd conversion Im going Hydraulic 2 fixed displacement motors and have them sized accordingly for input and Out (rear axle to front) have a Closed circuit ( will be a pain to bleed ) i had Also thought of going Electric Assist If i were you i would find a Noma aws tractor Maybe 2 as the rear axle has u joints and pivots there was 2 up for sale on Kijiji abit back You could do all kinds of things its just how deep your pocket is and your Creativity some projects look Small on paper but are massive when you take them on
Best of Luck
Cheers
Ty

#17 kwj427 OFFLINE  

kwj427

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 389
  • 56 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:56 AM

this has been on my mind too, and a crawler?

#18 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:28 PM

this has been on my mind too, and a crawler?

Is that a daunser post hole digger mounted to the back of that Jd in you profile picture ? 

#19 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:01 PM

so here is what i have been thinking (for my 1256D bolens ) is to have 2 Hydraulic motors and to have a hydrostatic pump have the first motor (mounted where the old hydrostat sits ) to the trans axle that would be relitvly low displacement .45 ci to turn upwards of 4500 rpm (i want to go Faster !) to the gear reduction of the axle then with the return line run to the front motor (mounted to the front drive axle) what would be some where around 5,9 Ci and play with the numbers abit ! to get the right ratio then have it to go to the work ports of the hydro stat pump i think the one that i can get is a 1.10 Ci the one i am calculation off is a .62 Ci mount it off the engine make linkages Bam 4x4 Hydro tractor

Hydro static pump hydro 4x4.jpg

Hydraulic motor Low displacement High speed hydro 4x4 2.jpg

hydraulic motor High displacement Low speed hydro 4x4 3.jpg

If any one Does not under stand what i mean i can draw a Diagram

Cheers

Ty

#20 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,658 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Fellas make center turn rigs all the time. Wouldn't that be a 4x4?   Easiest to use Case axles and controls, you can mount them anywhere and operate together. Just put on big 4 runner tires and you're all set!  Wouldn't be a mower anymore, but could pull things and run hydraulic attach like wood splitters and such, same as a Case would. Hardest part about any other set-up is a way to turn front wheels if mounted direct to an axle.

#21 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Fellas make center turn rigs all the time. Wouldn't that be a 4x4?   Easiest to use Case axles and controls, you can mount them anywhere and operate together. Just put on big 4 runner tires and you're all set!  Wouldn't be a mower anymore, but could pull things and run hydraulic attach like wood splitters and such, same as a Case would. Hardest part about any other set-up is a way to turn front wheels if mounted direct to an axle.

But thats the thing If it was Easy every one would do it .... Such as with the Case 4x4 tractors and the deere's