Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted August 25, 2012 - 01:32 AM

Well here's some pics of my setup. These tanks are cheap around here ($1 to $2.50 at auctions) I guess nobody seems to want them.001.JPG 002.JPG

Edited by Nato77, August 25, 2012 - 01:39 AM.

• David Brown said thank you

#17 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 25, 2012 - 06:25 AM

Holy smokes! That's beautiful man. Lots of water! Are these tanks cleaned out when you get them or do you have to do that?
  • Nato77 said thank you

#18 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted August 25, 2012 - 09:24 AM

A couple of them were clean and the other ones I just rinsed out. Wanted to put a couple more there, but the wife didn't want me to (she said they looked to ugly) We moved he a few years back and keep planting more trees every year, so we need alot of water.

#19 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 25, 2012 - 10:26 AM

So paint them up real pretty. Even pink if she wants. Who cares, they hold water, they serve a purpose and fill a real need. I assume you drain them for the winter and close the valves in the early spring to catch the remaining snow melt?
  • Nato77 said thank you

#20 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted August 25, 2012 - 08:40 PM

Yup I drain them. Last year we had a cold snap early and forgot to open the valve. Luckily it got warmer a few days later, but still took forever to drain cause had ice in them.

#21 cadman56 OFFLINE  

cadman56
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9861
  • 31 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Nice - I plan on getting on of these and have been thinking of a way to make a nice stand. This looks really nice. I think I may steal the idea. I love the sink outside, also another idea I may take lol.

Here is a pic of the outside sink. I made it out of PT 2x4's and some left over T1-11 from my "barn" project. A co-worker was getting a new kitchen put in so he gave me his old double bowl SS sink. The drains are piped into an underground pipe system that the downspouts are connected to.IMG_0094.jpg

Nato77 - Real nice set up there. I agree with DB. Paint the tanks. If fact, you could take it a step further. Paint the bottom 1/3 of each tank brown to look like a planter box then paint flowers on the tanks. You could paint farm scenes on them like one would have some animals on it and of course one should have a tractor or two!!! Wife would be so happy she would let you get more tanks!! This is just my $0.02 worth. I'm a mechanical designer and when the ideas start coming they just keep rolling on!!! LOL... :beerchug:
  • Nato77 said thank you

#22 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 03:56 AM

So paint them up real pretty. Even pink if she wants.

She was standing right beside me when I was reading that and gave me a shove saying we should do that.

Nato77 - Real nice set up there. I agree with DB. Paint the tanks. If fact, you could take it a step further. Paint the bottom 1/3 of each tank brown to look like a planter box then paint flowers on the tanks. You could paint farm scenes on them like one would have some animals on it and of course one should have a tractor or two!!! Wife would be so happy she would let you get more tanks!! This is just my $0.02 worth. I'm a mechanical designer and when the ideas start coming they just keep rolling on!!! LOL... :beerchug:

The thing is if I would paint them she wouldn't notice for a month or longer because they're in "my" part of the yard. She's now seeing stuff for the first time that I got years ago that was setting right out in the open. But I guess I don't pay attention to the new shoes she back a few months ago either. :bounce:
  • cadman56 said thank you

#23 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 04:42 AM

Here is a pic of the outside sink. I made it out of PT 2x4's and some left over T1-11 from my "barn" project. A co-worker was getting a new kitchen put in so he gave me his old double bowl SS sink. The drains are piped into an underground pipe system that the downspouts are connected to.IMG_0094.jpg

Hey, I like that! I see where that could be quite handy. Looks really nice too. Real professional looking. Nice job!

#24 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 11:35 AM

Paint the bottom 1/3 of each tank brown to look like a planter box then paint flowers on the tanks. You could paint farm scenes on them like one would have some animals on it and of course one should have a tractor or two!!! Wife would be so happy she would let you get more tanks!! This is just my $0.02 worth. I'm a mechanical designer and when the ideas start coming they just keep rolling on!!! LOL...

Reminds me of these:

http://www.theurbanh...-selection.html