#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 06:11 PM

2nd day at show, opens tommorrow. Lots of lookers today though. I found couple of Wheelhorse I might buy, one's a GT14. Pretty rough, but I wanna try one of those bigger rigs. It does not have the plastic gas tank/grill in it now. Some homemade one in place. Fella had one to show me, but he says hard to find and he just got it for his at home. Anyone here have one or know of any?
Saw this odd Studebaker/GMC truck there and got a quick shot or two. That was special. AND, how about this old beater on trailer? Homemade? Looks like it was but quite a long time ago.

Attached Thumbnails

• Portland 2012 001.jpg
  • Portland 2012 002.jpg
  • Portland 2012 003.jpg
  • Portland 2012 004.jpg

#2 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 06:35 PM

Well FWIW I am going Friday if anyone wants to touch bases give me a holler...and Grumpy...if it is for sale...it is in Portland. Steve Guider told me about the show last year we went and had a blast...Couldn't wait for a 'repeat' this is the 'show of shows'...for GT guys...

#3 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 09:01 PM

I have most of the GT14 parts you need!

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 09:50 PM

Check out this steel wheel speedex! Factory or homemade wheels in back and cart wheels in front? Pretty rusty, probly not orig engine, which is stuck and won't slide either. They want $200 for it! Should I buy it? Pretty crude rigs, not even sure it had brakes? Think is early S series, looks like that hood and lay-out anyway.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-08-22 001 001.jpg
  • 2012-08-22 001 002.jpg
  • 2012-08-22 001 003.jpg

#5 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 05:54 AM

Is it surprising to anyone that the trading post isnt in operation? I know the 2 directors that ran it for over 10 years and it make the club over $ 10K a year. Thats $100K in sales in 4 &1/2 days

Not to bad for a quick cash cow to the club.
But then they turned it over to a couple of women who didnt want to work it, and over charged for the sale tickets and also limited the number of items one could sell. Oh well sour grapes some would say but others would also see mis management.
I havent been there in 5 years and wont go back until they get directors who want to work, and officers who truly appreciate volunteers.

If you are in the east end tell Carl Hidigger (director) hello from a past volunteer. A true gentleman and considerate person

#6 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 08:05 AM

I have never been to this show . But I am looking to buy an old garden tractor. This show is about a 2 hour drive from my house. Do you guys think it would be worth the drive for me to check it out ? What day would be best Friday or Sat? Is there a lot for sale ? Thanks..
Jack..

#7 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 09:41 AM

Is it surprising to anyone that the trading post isnt in operation? I know the 2 directors that ran it for over 10 years and it make the club over $ 10K a year. Thats $100K in sales in 4 &1/2 days

Not to bad for a quick cash cow to the club.
But then they turned it over to a couple of women who didnt want to work it, and over charged for the sale tickets and also limited the number of items one could sell. Oh well sour grapes some would say but others would also see mis management.
I havent been there in 5 years and wont go back until they get directors who want to work, and officers who truly appreciate volunteers.

If you are in the east end tell Carl Hidigger (director) hello from a past volunteer. A true gentleman and considerate person

One of our tractor friends said it has gone down hill a little since the women were put in charge...

#8 ajgross OFFLINE  

ajgross
  • Member No: 10808
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 04:22 PM

Jack you have mail!

AJ
  • Jack said thank you

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 08:34 PM

4th day, Thursday, pretty good crowd again. gotta watch the carts and butt buggies for sure. Spent quite a bit today on wheelhorse stuff mostly and some tires. Fun when you have money! I bought that GT14 and dragged it over to our "zone". Pretty rough! Got the three point for it, minus the lift links. Darn thing cost as much as the tractor!! Here's pix. Check out the front.....is that breasts or a Butt? Sorry for naughty words! ha!

Attached Thumbnails

• New WH 001.jpg
  • New WH 002.jpg

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 04:55 AM

The old 'girl' looks 'healthy' to me! :bigrofl:

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 04:57 AM

Neat looking Speedex with those steel wheels.

#12 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 06:09 AM

I will be there Saturday. Maybe I will catch some of you guys.

#13 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 06:41 AM

I have never been to this show . But I am looking to buy an old garden tractor. This show is about a 2 hour drive from my house. Do you guys think it would be worth the drive for me to check it out ? What day would be best Friday or Sat? Is there a lot for sale ? Thanks..
Jack..

My opinion is, if I could only go to one show a year, this would be it. This is my 38th year here.
  • Jack said thank you

#14 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 06:45 AM

Check out this steel wheel speedex! Factory or homemade wheels in back and cart wheels in front? Pretty rusty, probly not orig engine, which is stuck and won't slide either. They want $200 for it! Should I buy it? Pretty crude rigs, not even sure it had brakes? Think is early S series, looks like that hood and lay-out anyway.

GL. I think I'd save my money on this one. The rear wheels look to be from a rototiller and the front wheels look llike bewlt pulleys. Definately not original and pretty sad shape. The seller owns a scrap yard and I'n sure this is a 10 cent a pound item. Got to give him credit for trying to save it though.

#15 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Tractor sold today, same guy who bought my Speedex. Said he paid $180 for it!! I found running model just like it, really nice for $200 and someone drove by with that today too. Sold one of my MM engines finally, freind sold his G Allis. No buyers on my two molines, but more lookers today. Kinda scary how many were packing and leaving today. Some right behind us and one side and many others pulling out. Sat isn't day it used to be I guess. Was one of my better years of selling items tho, and buying a few too,ha! Got this sleeve hitch for a Sears for $25. Not sure why, just want to have one in case I want to try on some tractor someday. Got couple wheels for $1 each, heavy, but not sure what for. didn't need them either, just cheap and neat. Anyone know what these might be from? Have some type of ratchet or locking device on the inside.

Attached Thumbnails

• Wheels and hitch 004.jpg
  • Wheels and hitch 001.jpg
  • Wheels and hitch 002.jpg
  • Wheels and hitch 003.jpg