• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 02:44 PM

It has been raining off and on for a while now, no work today.

#32 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,947 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 06:17 PM

It has been raining off and on for a while now, no work today.

That can be frustrating when you want to work and can't because of rain. I always seems to have more rainy day projects than I have rain days.

#33 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:05 PM

Today was the first day I worked with Harry since mid-September; we where paving a parking lot. It started out very slow, we ended up waiting two hours before starting. We had two trucks and they had to go to a blacktop plant farther away, because the local one is closed because of a break down. We ended up having to wait twice more after that, both about an hour. Other then waiting, everything went smooth, although I still had no idea what I was doing! Harry had a paving company come in and do it, and of the two brothers who own the company one took my phone number and told me he will use me in the future!

Harry and neighbor Herby are long time friends; on Thursday Harry is going to start putting a dry-well in for him. I will let you guys know how that goes. I am sure that will be a pretty laid back job and easy going, not because of what we are doing... but because of Herby. Lol! I wish you guys could meet that guy!

#34 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Today, I got home from school, Harry was already over at Herby's making a mess. When I walked over to supervise (watch) they already had the concrete dry-well set in the ground. I did not do anything very productive, if anything... having me over there was counter-productive! LOL! All I really did was talk with Herby, and I do that a lot anyway. The guys who where actually doing stuff got it in fine and everything else went smooth.

The worst part is, I missed all of the excitement! Like when Harry got his tri-axle dump stuck in the back-yard! Remember I said he was making a mess? Well, to get out they had to dump off some of the load from the hole for the well and then pull it out with the backhoe.

After everything was over with, Harry left me one of the "toys!" I will post more information about that tomorrow...
  • MH81 said thank you