• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Sorry for reviving/hijacking this thread, but it was about wheel weights and I didn't want to start a new thread on this for no reason... But still, I was looking to buy some Bolens wheel weights for my 850 and saw these on eBay. Is this a decent deal on them and is it just me thinking that they went WAY too high?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a233f9e71

Now granted, the shipping is free on them, so that will save you a good $40-$60 right there. But still, over $200 for a set seems high, even though these DO look in like brand-new condition!

Edited by MailmAn, September 27, 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 09:25 PM

$125 is good money for then but if you go by a buck a pound you looking at $100 and any under $100 is a good buy.

Now $200 is way to much some one got happy with the butten from the looks of it.
Its around $30 for shipping for them.

I can get them made for $100 if I had to.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#18 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted September 28, 2012 - 06:55 AM

Well, honestly part of it was me, because I was first to bid on them for like $99 for the set. But then this other bidder (or bidders - could have been more than one) started out-bidding me every 5 minutes. He out-bid me once, so I re-bid on it, then a few minutes later, he out-bid me again, etc., etc. I didn't really even WANT to spend over $150 for them, but I tried bidding on them anyways just to see how high they would go, so they went well over $175, so I finally gave up. But still, they ended up selling for a bit over $200, which I thought was crazy. Oh well, hope someone really enjoys them. The funny part is, the winning bidder might not even HAVE a Bolens tractor, although I'm hoping he does. Would be hilarious if he spent that much on nice looking Bolens weights just to throw them on a Cub Cadet or a John Deere or something... lol!

#19 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted September 28, 2012 - 07:01 AM

$200 is way too much to pay for Bolens rear wheel weights. Like Wilberj said typically they go for around $1 a pound so $100 for a set is usually a fair price. The max I would pay would be around $125
  • MailmAn said thank you