1 reply to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 04:46 PM

Excuse my ignorance here, but are the gas tank, hood and Kohler engine from a Versa Matic the same as the older hood, gas tank and engine on the Ride-a-Matic (the older, rounded hood model)? Are they interchangeable? If they are interchangeable, what other parts are interchangeable between the two machines? I just always wondered because the hoods, gas tanks and Kohler engines of the two machines look the same in the pictures I've seen. I realize that there were different engine offerings as at least one of the types of Versa Matics has the breather poking through the hood. Anyway, just curious. I wondered how many parts from one could be used for the other, if any. Thanks in advance.

#2 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 2,144 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 10:25 PM

According to my Bolens info, the Kohlers used on the early Ride-A-Matics were the same model/spec numbers as used on some VersaMatics. ....There were two size Kohlers used: the K90/K91 models and the K161.

I believe there were variations in the tank mounts, hoods (length) and front grilles for the different tractor models.

If you want exact info, you will have to go to the Bolens manuals and compare part numbers of various components for the various tractor models.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you