• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 john webster OFFLINE  

john webster

• Member No: 8519
  • 89 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 02:38 AM

Hi all. Have been recently told of a international cub cadet for sale here in UK but there is no cutting deck with it. can some one advise on and show pictures of the original model fitted to the 100. are they still around,or is there one say from a wheel horse which would work with slight modification ? i am totally in the dark on this subject but i am told that there are only 4 of these known in UK at the moment.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 04:53 AM

John,I don't know if this helps,but I found these pictures on line.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by mjodrey, August 19, 2012 - 05:32 AM.

• john webster said thank you

#3 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 08:48 AM

Hi;
The 100 (10 hp) is the same tractor as the 70 (7 hp) with the engine being the difference. You might find a deck and mule drive for the 70 instead. I am not sure but think that the same decks were used on newer machines. I figure you could find a deck here but don't know about the UK. I have the deck for my 70 but do not wish to sell it. A lot of the older Cubs got chopped for garden tractor pulling so the decks may be around. I was told by an IH mechanic that the Cub Cadet had a C Farmall rear end which is why it stood the abuse of snowmobile and motorcycle engines. The 70 and 100 were 1965 vintage with the serial number being stamped in the transmission case at the right front. Good tractor to have around, pick it up if the price is in line. Good luck

KURTEE

#4 john webster OFFLINE  

john webster

• 89 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 09:31 AM

John,I don't know if this helps,but I found these pictures on line.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

well thaks for this valuble info,will get back in touch if i can make a deal with him.

#5 john webster OFFLINE  

john webster

• 89 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hi;
The 100 (10 hp) is the same tractor as the 70 (7 hp) with the engine being the difference. You might find a deck and mule drive for the 70 instead. I am not sure but think that the same decks were used on newer machines. I figure you could find a deck here but don't know about the UK. I have the deck for my 70 but do not wish to sell it. A lot of the older Cubs got chopped for garden tractor pulling so the decks may be around. I was told by an IH mechanic that the Cub Cadet had a C Farmall rear end which is why it stood the abuse of snowmobile and motorcycle engines. The 70 and 100 were 1965 vintage with the serial number being stamped in the transmission case at the right front. Good tractor to have around, pick it up if the price is in line. Good luck

KURTEE

hi kurtee thanks for the info.if i get the deal done would it be possible to look out for one as i like to restore as close as possible to new status ?

#6 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 10:19 PM

I can look around, let it be known when you get the deal made. Some others may have leads also.

KURTEE