Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Just Back From My First Springsteen Concert. Is He Always This Good?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ggsteve OFFLINE  

ggsteve

• Member No: 4164
  • 142 Thanks
  • 253 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 12:20 AM

I'm a devout parrothead and I've never been a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen beyond the classics, but I figured I should see him in concert at least once in my life to see what all the hubbub was about. Wow. What a performer, what a band, what a show! Three solid hours with no breaks. Every song they did was great. The ones I knew were way better live than the recordings, and the songs I didn't know I immediately enjoyed (I usually have to hear a song a few times before it "clicks"). Now I'm hooked, I hope he comes back next year!

#2 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 01:18 AM

Better late than never, sorry you missed "The Big Man" Clarence (RIP).
My first time with The Boss was back in the 70's at the Orpheum Theatre. Only a few hundred people as no one knew who he was back then, but I had a great time.Over the years I've been to many shows,about 20, some back to back because they are never the same, sorry to say the worst was two years ago at of all places Gillette, the sound just doesn't work like an indoors.
I also think the worst show that I have seen with Jimmy again 20+ was at Fenway, maybe due to no tailgating? :bigrofl:
But that to the sound was not as good as Greatwoods. They are both showman, and know how to entertain!
Glad you had a good time, I passed on free tickets to the American Idol concert tonight in NH, let my son take my wife along with the in-laws :smilewink:

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 07:08 AM

He's coming to Moncton NB on the 26th. Moncton is about 3 hrs drive from here. I know people who are going and they wouldn't miss his shows. They are always outstanding from what I've heard. At last reports they were having trouble selling tickets for the Moncton concert. It's an outside venue and they figure they will only have 25 or 30,000 there. They were planning for twice that.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 09:12 AM

Glad to hear you had a great time. Never seen him, but have enjoyed most of his music over the years.

Best two concerts for me was Rush and Pink Floyd.

#5 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 07:55 PM

Steve you asked, Is He Always This Good?
I remember a show back when the "River" came out, Providence Civic Center all we could get were behind the stage seats, about 500 people seating behind the stage that was set up in one end. The sound was good but we all were looking at the amps could hardy see the band for 2 hours, then the lights went down and you could hear things going on stage but you could see what was happening, until the lights come on and Bruce announced to everyone, "This is for the back seat drivers" for the next hour the band had there backs to the main crowd, and just played to us! I was about 12' away from all the guys that night. They played for over 5 hours, in-fact power was shut off to stage due to midnight curfew and he was in a great mood, got the place quite enough to play a few more songs with acoustic guitars, nothing better than when he would rip into a 30 minute version of Sandy or Rosalita, Thanks for bring back my youth :thumbs:

#6 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 11:37 PM

I saw the Boss back in 1999 in Phoenix, AZ !! Great show !!

It was a neat trip, I was visiting my wife (then friend) and she had free tickets that she got from her work.

Same trip I met Alice Cooper !! He was signing autographs and talking to customers in his restaurant (Alice Cooperstown) in Phoenix.