• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ryan, Yes it is a bit narrow for a good size tractor. They make lifts with extenders that are removable but they are just out of my price range. HF use to have an affordable one but they quite carrying it about a year or so ago. So I'm going to make my own. I figure if I add a foot to each side that will do it and when I'm not working on tractors I can store them. It has a 1000 lb lift weight so it will lift my Harley no problem.

I started working on that old Baja last night and oh it was so nice to just have it at the right height. One thing if you get one from HF make sure you check the hydraulic fluid. This one was about empty.

How wide will it be after you add a foot to each side? That should handle a good size GT after that! It has plenty enough lift strength.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#17 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 08:43 AM

I was working on it yesterday and on the left side I will only add 6" because of access to the foot pedals and the right will be 1'. So over all it will be 3' 9" wide. My son can get scrap diamond plate where he works and then my Son-in-law does most of my welding so I will get him to weld 3 arms to the plated my son get's and then put 3 brackets on the bottom of the table and just slide the extenders in. I have a pretty good size tractor and I have been using it as a model so I do think it should accommodate a good size tractor.

Then next deck leveling job will be so much easier.

#18 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 05:21 PM

I found out today that HF will have this table on sale Oct 12-14 $299. That is cheaper then what I paid for it with a 20% discount.

I hope to post some updated pic's of mine since I have modified it so I can get a 50" cut tractor on it.
  • Alc said thank you