Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

How Do We Know What The True Specs Are When Buying Online ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hah! you better not! You know how them Texans can be ! LOL ! Aww, I have to admit he ( and all the guys ) were great in Ct.
  • Blind Ref said thank you

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 09:08 PM

One thing I can tell you since I work for a vendor that ships everything UPS or Fed EX is thet there are no rates for portions of a pound.
Everything is rounded up to the next pound. Shipping rates can vary based on the zone of the shipper and the reciever as will time in transit.
And with time in transit you can usually figure 500 miles per day+ a day on the delivery truck.

There are some exceptions. I once had a customer in Cairo Illinois. They were a 3 day ship from Des Moines,Ia or Chicago,Il.
It worked out the same because from either origin the package had to go to St Louis before going on a delivery truck.

Edited by JD DANNELS, August 20, 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#18 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 07:29 AM

One thing I can tell you since I work for a vendor that ships everything UPS or Fed EX is thet there are no rates for portions of a pound.
Everything is rounded up to the next pound. Shipping rates can vary based on the zone of the shipper and the reciever as will time in transit.
And with time in transit you can usually figure 500 miles per day+ a day on the delivery truck.

There are some exceptions. I once had a customer in Cairo Illinois. They were a 3 day ship from Des Moines,Ia or Chicago,Il.
It worked out the same because from either origin the package had to go to St Louis before going on a delivery truck.

I ordered last Thursday,and they said it'd get here between tomorrow (Wednesday) and Saturday. I haven't even received the usual email saying it's been shipped yet !

Edited by oldtimer, August 21, 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#19 Blind Ref OFFLINE  

Blind Ref
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10762
  • 19 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Don't be so hard on yourself Ed !!

You sure seem like a smart guy to me !

Now Blind Ref ? Never mind, I won't go there.

Now what did I do???Never mind answering that! :bigrofl:

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 07:31 PM

For some unknown reason Amazon has been slow lately. My daughter orders from them pretty much weekly and has been mentioning that it is taking longer for them to confirm and ship.

#21 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted August 26, 2012 - 03:07 PM

Okay, I got it last Friday. Just got to use it this morning. I can't vouch for longevity, but this is one fantastic little pole saw. trimmed several trees along one side of the driveway. Cut,rest cut, rest.... lol ! Then young neighbor ( late 30s early 40s ? ) came over and offered to help. I didn't feel bad when he asked me how the hcek I managed to use it, lol !!! It's only 8.2 lbs according to the manual. but of course 8.2 lbs away from your body seems a lot heavier. About 20 minutes time and 23 branches were trimmed and dragged into the woods and stacked in a pile to be hauled out and burned next January in the garden plot when we can burn. I'd recommend this pole saw without hesitation. Will be cutting some more in a few days. Will take come pics then.