GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 06:17 AM

Yesterday evening my Internet went down and the first thing I did was ask the wife if she paid the bill and she said Yup.

Half an hour later my Internet was back up and running fine except that when I tried to connect with Yahoo.com all I got was "No site configured at this address". Still have the same message this morning. I have used it as my homepage for the past few years but have been looking at finding another one for the past couple of months due to their political slant so if it is gone I could live without it.

Just wondering if perhaps I was banned from their site since they have blocked my ability to post replies to any and all political articles and all "thumbs up or thumbs down" or if some one took them down.

Thanks,

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Bill,I doubt you were banned.If you were,I suspect you would know for certain.

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 06:33 AM

Hi Bill, has Y! deleted your account? Maybe they were hacked once again... And: There are some million comments posted everyday to each theme.

Sorry, but I don't believe that your posts are so importand they will delete your account without a warning.

Joking apart, using Y! often shows connecting problems or problems to read your pw or... It's an endless story, just stay and wait - everything is going to be allright.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 06:49 AM

I use GTTalk/forums. Beats all the cookies I get at Yahoo! I go there to check that e-mail and see whats going on, then come back here and delete all cookies except GTTalk. Then I clear the browser cache. All is well again!

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 07:58 AM

I haven't noticed any problems lately with Yahoo but have had sporadic problems over the years. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

#6 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 07:58 AM

I use GTTalk/forums. Beats all the cookies I get at Yahoo! I go there to check that e-mail and see whats going on, then come back here and delete all cookies except GTTalk. Then I clear the browser cache. All is well again!

Right Kenny, using GTt as startscreen isn't uninteresting But Bill needs the "thumbs up, thumps down"-funktion :thumbs:. Btw - I don't like this function :(

My browser is firefox w/ the ghostery-addon. Other people mustn't know my vicious habits :laughingteeth:

Wow, this is post # 123 :rocker2: Think I'll celebrate tonight :beerchug: :smiley-flag008:

Edited by jd.rasentrac, August 17, 2012 - 08:02 AM.

#7 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 09:03 AM

I had a problem a few weeks ago. It wouldn't let me sign on, then the next day it was fine.

#8 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 10:07 AM

Bill I haven't had a problem getting to Yahoo. Clear your cache and see if that doesn't help. Are you having problems with any other site?

Like others have said I don't think Yahoo will ban you for your political opinion's now if you violate their rules that is another story, but you are entitled to your opinions and you have the right to express them.

#9 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 12:05 PM

Wow, this is post # 123 :rocker2: Think I'll celebrate tonight :beerchug: :smiley-flag008:

Hey ,congratulations,Have one :beerchug: for me too. :smilewink:
  • jd.rasentrac said thank you

#10 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 12:25 PM

yahoo works for me
if you are still having problems one thing you might try is if you have a router and modem is to reboot them. first shut off all computers and unplug the modem and router. leave them off for about 2 min or so then plug the modem in and let all lights stop blinking, then plug the modem in and let all lights stop blinking. once the lights stop blinking you can turn your computers on. if this dont work , you may need to call tech support and check your settings. if you dont have a external modem or a router skip all the above and call tech support.