Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Are They Worth It ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 kenbhall OFFLINE  

kenbhall

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7588
  • 16 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm not up on cub cadet prices.

http://newyork.craig...3202366459.html

#2 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 04:30 PM

i wouldnt pay it

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 04:35 PM

That is quite a bit.Although up here,that may not be so far off.

#4 kenbhall OFFLINE  

kenbhall

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7588
  • 16 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 05:18 PM

I like the idea of a snowblower but rest assured it would have to be a whole lot better than that for me to buy them for that price

#5 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 16, 2012 - 05:30 PM

My book says its pretty close. $150 for the blower .$75 for the weights. $75 for the deck. that leaves about $200 each for the tractors. (the 25 looks like it has a creeper) I would try to get him down to the "package deal" price. My book might be a little scrambled though, I just got whacked in the temple by a wasp while getting atv parts out of the mailbox.

From the other blue book discussion, it all depends if you are buying a parts tractor, looking for a cheap utility tractor, looking for a flipper or one to restore. I guess its like stocks, buy low sell high. Price depends on how bad you need it or want it.

#6 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Well if they are actually a 125 and 127 there won't be any creeper cause they both are hydrostatic drive. The weights are not "Cub" and do they both actually run (look kinda rough)? Having said all that negative, Cub parts prices being what they can be you might make money busting them up (which I personally hate to see). Maybe NY garners higher prices? They would be high in my area.

#7 HALFSCALE OFFLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 03:54 AM

We've been seeing alot of this lately, I think he got the decimal point at the wrong spot.
Around here they would probably bring 75 to 100 at sale and the mower decks and snowblowers are scrap price

#8 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 01:37 PM

as the saying goes... "they are worth what someone will pay". personally I wouldn't pay that for them. But I do not desire either of those models so to me they aren't worth half that price.

#9 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 02:03 PM

Around here in that condition, $100 apiece for the tractors if complete and without knowing the actual condition of the engines. I don't consider a deck worth much unless I have a real need for it. Hauled a bunch of them to the scrappers this summer. The blower would go for $150 if in good condition. The wheel weights are fairly popular and should bring $75.00 a set.
These are prices that I know the items will sell for. I don't like wasting my time trying to sell things at inflated prices. If I advertise something it's because I want to sell it and not spend time dealing with people who are going to try a low ball me because we both know my price is too high.

#10 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 18, 2012 - 03:03 PM

So the "dont pay over $200 for any thing" rule applies here? I have a good idea of what I will pay for a certain tractor. My question here and in the other post is what would the same tractor sell for if you were not a collector and just the average joe buying an old cub cadet. That in its self is a loaded question, because who would buy a 50 year old garden tractor besides a collector, someone looking to get into tractor pulls, or a scrap dealer/ parts seller? not a big market. convert that to the housing market... short sells are killing the price on the good stuff. I have seen 35 year old Murrays listed for $500 and just laugh. But if they sell for that much, how much is a real garden tractor worth? I have sold the same mowers for $250 after picking them up for free and putting a few hours and $75 in them. I have been buying the cheapy flippers for about 10 years. in the last few years, the craigslist market has gone to hell. 200 posts a day in a mower search. If the economy is really that bad, cheap riders should sell pretty quick. I have not been able to sell good mowers for an average price. I have sold briggs twins for $250 faster than I can list them. I put an ad in for mower parts and got 5 emails a day looking for a 42" craftsman deck.

in summary: I see what is happening, I just dont understand it. Box store "mowers" are worth more than the heavy duty garden tractors?